bay state 410 shotgun

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Zachary77, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Zachary77

Zachary77 New Member

I have recently inherited a bay state 410 shotgun with a broken fireing pin. Wondering if I should have one machined or if one is available second hand. Any info would be greatly appriceated.
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

Bay State was a Trade name used on H&R shotguns prior to WW II. I know of no parts source for these early shotguns other than a parted out like item. I did a little checking on several known parts sources and no joy. If you have the old firing pin then it would be a simple matter to have one made. If you own a drill press you could do it your self out of a drill bit. If you no longer have the firing pin , well , that's a problem. You have to find a old parted out Bay State or H&R of the same vintage to salvage a usable part or pattern.