bearcat anyone??

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by glock2026, Oct 31, 2009.

1. glock2026

glock2026 New Member

I have a s.s. bearcat that is a jewel. and shoots as good as it looks . They call it a kit gun but , it must be a terrific kit they get it from ,anybody else like it. pics if u have i dont.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Bearcats are fine little guns; they're what I plan on starting my kids out with when they are ready for some wheel gun lessons. Next to the SingleSix, they're my fav .22 revl to shoot.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Back in the early 1900s, when you went hiking or camping, your pack of stuff was called your "kit". WW1 British marching song - Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile. So small guns that could easily be packed in your kit were called kit guns. Smith and Wesson made (still does) a 22 on their 32 frame, and called it the 22/32 Kit Gun. Now it is the Model 34, and the Model 63 in stainless. That's why the Bearcat would be called a kit gun. Not because it was made from a parts kit.
  4. jrg

jrg New Member

My brother has an old Bearcat that has seen quite a bit of action in its lifetime - good memorys too! 2nd gun on right.

[​IMG]

Fixed sights, so when you find something that shoots to point of aim, plan on buying a lot of that stuff. Just tell your wife 'Its for the economy'. :^)
  5. Tom

Tom Member

I have both a blued and stainless Bearcat. They shoot pretty well, but the sights are so bad it is difficult to tell. I am having improved sights put on one. If I like it, I will do the other. At the moment, I shoot my S&W 63-4 a lot more because it has good sights.

Attached Files:

6. sixguncowboy

sixguncowboy New Member

I have one that was made back in the sixties. It's a fun little gun to shoot although I haven't shot it in a number of years.

[​IMG]