1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Beater in a pawn shop today>>>>

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Redhand, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

I inspected an old timer in a pawn shop today. It appears to be a short Mosin that has 3 or 4 oriental characters across the receiver. It has a spike bayonet that folds out from the side. The numbers matched in a couple of places but there were at least 3 different numbers. It was rough but had an excellent bore. It looked like a Mosin action but about 1/2 the overall length of the Mosin rifle. Real curious piece,no import markings. Anyone have any idea what period of service and with what Army it may have served?:confused::confused::confused:
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Red Chinese??
  3. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

It is a Chinese Mosin Nagant. Due to the shorter length, and lighter weight, it will pack a wallop when you fire it, so be ready.
  4. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Thanks fella's I did a little more checking and it is the 1944 Mosin-Nagant, probably used in the Indonesian theater of conflict.:)
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i have a type 53 i got in a pawnshow for 50$ a looong time ago.. has a sanded stock and some bubba put a bad PU job on it.. but it shoots fine.. :)
  6. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

most gunshops got them between $150 and $200 now
  7. SmallCaliberGuy

SmallCaliberGuy Active Member

Sounds like the T-53. I have one that is so blood-pitted it is unusable.