Beater in a pawn shop today>>>>

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Redhand, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

I inspected an old timer in a pawn shop today. It appears to be a short Mosin that has 3 or 4 oriental characters across the receiver. It has a spike bayonet that folds out from the side. The numbers matched in a couple of places but there were at least 3 different numbers. It was rough but had an excellent bore. It looked like a Mosin action but about 1/2 the overall length of the Mosin rifle. Real curious piece,no import markings. Anyone have any idea what period of service and with what Army it may have served?:confused::confused::confused:
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Red Chinese??
  3. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

It is a Chinese Mosin Nagant. Due to the shorter length, and lighter weight, it will pack a wallop when you fire it, so be ready.
  4. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Thanks fella's I did a little more checking and it is the 1944 Mosin-Nagant, probably used in the Indonesian theater of conflict.:)
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i have a type 53 i got in a pawnshow for 50$ a looong time ago.. has a sanded stock and some bubba put a bad PU job on it.. but it shoots fine.. :)
  6. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

most gunshops got them between $150 and $200 now
  7. SmallCaliberGuy

SmallCaliberGuy Active Member

Sounds like the T-53. I have one that is so blood-pitted it is unusable.