Beaucoup Dien Cai dau !!!

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Gunship
    (8/30/01 3:34:54 pm)
    | Del All Beaucoup Dien Cai dau !!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey! hey! hey! ..
    My Boss is off again today..
    Let me have some rambles with you..

First: I am glad some one, maybe TAC401 changed this Poll name to be the right VNmese "Dien Cai Dau", beaucoup is French for many.. good job Mr JD.

I thank you for all of you try to encourage me to post..
    Wish I can write like your guys: NightHawk, MrStan, Dreamcatcher, Dave..e,e. and many great posters in this BB; then I'll be a rich man. Why? I'll write a book about my terrible life, I think it should be more real or more unbelievable than Hollywood created.. One of my friend told me :"you should write a book about your unbelieve life..".. Yes, with years in this VN War, family tore apart after years in Re-education, the escape, boat-people, the refugee camps, reborn in US and start the life all over again.. with nothing & very little English ..
    You know: when It's too much hurts, It'll be numb.
    When It's too much in tears. You can not cry..
    too close to the hell, you 'll not scare to die..
    I'm a great survivor!!.. and a lucky man.
    Let me forget about these terrible things, Let It goes.
    Live is too short, let have fun, right Donna. Let "B. B & B.B" .. Let enjoy Bill Clinton picture "Let call her Monica".. I loved it Mike.. Let read these great poems here, these nice friendly posts..

Well, well friends:
    Yes, I'm writting my book now, but with only 2 sentences:
    I owned you guys, VN Vets for helping my country to fight for freedom.. Thanks
    I owned the American people who give me and my people a chance to "the real one - be we can be". with a new life... Thanks

Last: thanks, I have good friends here!

Talk to you later, when my Boss go oversea..!!
    GS.

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/30/01 3:48:53 pm)
    | Del Re: Beaucoup Dien Cai dau !!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gunship

I think your friend is correct,,you should write a book,,your story would be better than anything Hollywood could imagine,, if you feel unable to write English, work with what is called a "ghost writer",,this is some one that puts your words into writing. Maybe one of the guys here that knows your language well could be of help. I would love to try, but, my Vietnamese does not exist!

Always glad to see your post here,,,

Stan H ,, nighthawk

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (8/30/01 4:02:35 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Beaucoup Dien Cai dau !!!
    Hieu:
    You're a good man and one who's been to hell and back. I can only hope that your wildest dreams come true for you.
    To have gone through what you've gone through takes a whole lot of courage and a very big heart. Even though I don't know you personally, I'm very proud of you. The best thing I can wish for is what I said in the beginning. I hope your dreams come true!

Dave

oneknight
    (8/30/01 5:01:26 pm)
    Gunship,

I know you have a very painful story to tell. I'd love to see that book in print one day.

Then I could tell all my friends and family...."This book is
    written by my friend "Hieu" and I used to make him smile."
    I'll be standing in line at the book store waiting for you
    to autograph a copy for me.

Until then, we will laugh with you and we will cry with you.
    Your story is important to all of us.

And yes, life is short and we have to have some fun......

Your a wonderful person, always kind.

Donna

gorourke
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/30/01 8:46:42 pm)
    Hieu,

That’s good advice from Stan about the “ghost writer”. You have a story that should be told. The struggles of our allies left behind after the fall would make compelling reading, and I think Hollywood would take a look. Who better to write such a book then yourself.

P. Gary

Misterstan
    (8/31/01 8:36:43 am)
    Gunship,

I'm with the rest of the gang. I would love to see your story in print.

The fact is that I "owe" you and your countrymen and women for making me feel welcome when I was in Vietnam. No matter what the documented reasons for the Vietnam conflict, all I know is that once I got to know some of the Vietnamese people I truly "wanted to be there" to help them live a better life.

I can tell you that because of my experiences with the Vietnamese people, I will NEVER be envious of the guy with the expensive car or the fastest computer. To this day, I still get the greatest kick out of taking a long hot shower and even watching the toilet flush. Not that I was without these things when I was in Vietnam, but many of my Vietnamese friends had never known such luxury.

Good Luck to you and your family,

Stan Lambert
    St. Clair Shores, Michigan

Gunship
    (8/31/01 9:38:57 am)
    | Del Dien Cai dau Qua (beaucoup)!!!
    Thank you... and Thanks to you

Yes Sir: I did write some my stories by VietNamese on these hardest begin days of my life in US.. But I burned all later, because If I keep thinking about it., I can do nothing, and I could not be mine today. And I promised myself, nice and good memories I always keep it, miserable others I locked it up.. until one day!!
    When I escaped out of my country, I knew it will be nothing for me but just for my children.. and now they were..

To be fair with you, I can not just read on this BB..

So here my book again:
    Thanks to all VN VETs for helping us to fight for freedom..
    Thanks to the American people to give us a chance to start our life in this great country..
    Thank you my friends for giving: - "It's good like home here"

GS.

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/31/01 10:13:27 am)
    | Del Re: Dien Cai dau Qua (beaucoup)!!!
    Hieu,,
    I would find it an honor to help you write your story. It would take a long time, and a lot of help from others, but I think it could be done and should be done, if it is not too painfull for you. Your story is the story of thousands of your countrymen. It needs to be told.
    If I offend you in any manner, I am sorry. If you do not wish to go ahead with this, I will stop.

I guess I should put this back in, since Hieu already saw it. I had removed it because I did not want to perhaps be out of line and presumptious. anyway, this is an opening I thought o last night for a story
    My name is Hieu. Today, I am resident of the United States of America. Here in this wonderful country I have found my brothers. No, they are not brothers born of the same mother and father. They are brothers born of the heat and the rain. They are brothers born of the mud and the dust. They are brothers born of the blood and the death. They are brothers born of Vietnam

Just an idea,,,,,it is all up to you

Stan H ,, nighthawk

Edited by: nighthawk at: 8/31/01 12:51:35 pm

oneknight
    (8/31/01 10:34:16 am)
    | Del Re: Dien Cai dau Qua (beaucoup)!!!
    Hieu,

You have people here on this board more than willing to
    help if we can.

As you know, we don't mean to offend, only help.

Who better to call on than the people on this board.

Donna

Gunship
    (8/31/01 11:07:38 am)
    | Del How about that!!
    "My name is Hieu. Today, I am a resident of the United States of America. Here in this wonderful country I have found my brothers. No, they are not brothers born of the same mother and father. They are brothers born of the heat and the rain. They are brothers born of the mud and the dust. They are brothers born of the blood and the death. They are brothers born of Vietnam"
    That why I loved them ...

Man.. I'm out!! That's all folks..

Thanks NightHawk, . with that short written means everything to us..

GS.