Beautiful guns posted by Gunny6

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/1/01 11:09:10 am)
    Reply Beautiful guns posted by Gunny6
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are 3 very beautiful pieces of art posted by Gunny6. Gunny will be along shortly to tell us all about them
    80 Series Lightweight Commander in .38 Super

80 Series Government S/S 45 ACP

1955 Browning .380 ACP. Gunny6 would like your opinions as to the value of this prize!

Sorry Gunny the 4th picture would not download as a JPG File.
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 10/1/01 12:33:53 pm

gunny6
    (10/1/01 5:04:42 pm)
    Reply Re: Beautiful guns posted by Gunny6
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EYE CANDY !!!!!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures BlackGun...Very nice job...
    38 Super..I found a real sweet deal on that 80 series Colt Commander top end, it was engraved and complete, as new condition.. I always wanted a Commander Super 38 Lightweight, really don`t know for sure if Colt ever made it..Took quite awhile for me to find an 80 series lightweight frame. Traded for the whole pistol, got a 80 series 45acp, stainless Commander, but the frame was in bad shape, pitted under the rubber grips..Bead blasted the frame, sent it along with the small parts to Tripp Research. They applied gloss black Cobra Coat to the frame, and Cobra Chrome to the small parts, turned it around for me in 11 total days..Fast, good price, too. It`s wearing some Sid Ryan ivory polymer grips.
    I think it`s one of a kind now...

gunny6
    (10/1/01 5:17:40 pm)
    More EYE CANDY !!! This is my 80 series Colt Government 45acp in stainless steel..I`d really call it 100% engraved, but no engraving on grip safety, hammer or trigger. The talent some folks have as engravers is truly amazing..BlackGun posted this one for me before, but it now wears grips by Tracy of, www.pistolgrips.com/ ivory polymer..

needleace
    (10/1/01 5:43:16 pm)
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Tremendous detail. Kudos to the engraver.

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/1/01 6:12:38 pm)
    I`m gonna be sick..........BWWWAWWWWAAAAAAA!!!!!
    ,,,,,,psst......psst......you married???? like men????? let me know.
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

gunny6
    (10/1/01 8:24:14 pm)
    Thanks for the offer Link, but I`ll pass, not running on AC/DC..
    I just love owning these works of art...Seems my 6 kids, 11 grandkids, and great grand son like me buying them also.........

LIKTOSHOOT
    (10/1/01 9:35:23 pm)
    It never hurts to ask....I admitt being a hosebag, lest I know my weakness......GUNS
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

AntiqueDr
    (10/2/01 5:06:32 pm)
    Beautiful guns. I would be curious who did the engraving on the little Browning. That would affect the value. It is similar in style to the Renaissance pistols, but that pistol is not a Renaissance...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

gunny6
    (10/2/01 8:14:47 pm)
    Doc, your right about it not being a Renaissance, but the engraving is quite the same..this pistol looks unfired, no paper work, pouch or anything..Sure looks like a factory job too me. I guess I`ll try to letter it from Browning...

AntiqueDr
    (10/2/01 8:26:32 pm)
    As to value, figure $1000 - $1200. IF the gun can be verified as engraved by one of FN's more well-known engravers you can add another 15-25%.

I would bet on non-factory engraving.

www.apaxenterprises.com

gunny6
    (10/2/01 9:04:57 pm)
    Doc, if I had the talent to engrave guns I would sign my name on everyone I did, BIG LETTERS, under grips..but it seems like a lot of engravers hide their little marks some place in the design..I`m going blind trying too find some clues..Any hint`s you care too pass along ???

AntiqueDr
    (10/2/01 9:15:54 pm)
    With panels that small, it may only be initials (if signed at all). Check under the grips as well.

www.apaxenterprises.com

polishshooter
    (10/6/01 9:28:36 am)
    Yes they are PRETTY. But how do they SHOOT??

I had an old boss into "flash" who went to the S&W armorers school...but did the engraving side, not the 'smith side...

Had a whole set of nickle 29s with factory 1/2" barrels...2 1/2, 3 1/2, 5 1/2, 8 1/2, engraved in gold with his initials.

Never figured out WHY, except for vanity...figured he DECREASED value of a very expensive set of wallhangers...

And I cleaned his clock on the pin-table with my "ugly"competition gun, because his "shooters"were stock, all his money went into "looks..."

He couldn't do a trigger job, or a tune-up, but they LOOKED nice...

Oh well, to each his own...

I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

gunny6
    (10/6/01 11:19:17 am)
    Well my pimp pistol, the Super 38, in case you can`t figure it out, shoots very nice. Seems like I`ve always had good luck with the Super, nice round. Haven`t shot the other 2, but I don`t have too shoot them too enjoy them. Going to do some trigger work on the Government and will shoot it some day, but that little Browning will just be a safe queen.......