The Firearms Forum banner

Bedbuddy clone

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  OBrien 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Mossberg 500 shotgun for home defense, but my wife didn't like it standing against the wall next to the bed. I googled shotgun holders and the only one that came up was one that fit between the mattress and box spring and it costs about $40 plus S&H. I also saw one on another forum that a member made from PVC pipe. I modified the design a bit which seems to fit my gun better and holds it closer to the bed so it is completely covered by the bedspread during the day. Total cost was less than $10 dollars. Mine was even less because I had everything except one tee from my stash of sprinkler system parts. What do you think?:eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
...if no one is home.. who would be fondleing it?:eek::eek::rolleyes: but i understand what youre saying JOS.. i keep my G26 (replaced the XD as home defense pistol..) in the bed side table drawer, pulled out, at night. and sometimes i forget to put it back in the safe in the mornings:rolleyes: but if no one is home.. does it really matter?

i like the rig Gun Geezer.. just hope you dont get up one night and accidently break the pvc:eek:

#4 ·
What do I think? I think I've got a project!
That looks to be schedule 40 pvc, am I right? That stuff is fairly tough, my friends and I use it (3/4") for the cores of our padded swords that we fight with (full contact.)
If that breaks use schedule 80, it's even tougher.

Nice looking shotgun, too. Is that the factory stock? My stock is chipped, if I can get one at a reasonable price I might try out a synthetic.

#5 ·
Nice rig. I still stand mine in the corner next to the bed just because I have always done and because I never thought of something like your rig there.:D It is important to consider the feelings of others when they are "afraid of guns". This could be a great opportunity to teach them about safety and debunk some of their fears. You did the right thing. Nice going.

#6 ·
Hmm...interesting concept!! I might try that out. If it doesn't work out, at least it's only a few buck to try.

I've been keeping mine just under the bed on the floor...that way I can roll outta bed and have a good defensive position with cover and even use the bed as a gun rest while looking right at my bedroom door.

But I like the idea of being able to grab it up without dismounting.

Thanks for the pics and sharing the idea!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.