The Firearms Forum banner

Been Searching For Another 9MM Auto Pistol The CZ-75b Looks Like A Winner

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  92M 
#1 ·
It's all metal,full size and comes in stainless of course. I've been searching the internet and I haven't heard anyone say they are disappointed they bought one. I'm sold on it. It looks like it will be an internet buy and then transferred to a local gun shop purchase. Any of you guys own one?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I own one and I love it. Very accurate and reliable. It is easy to handle and the stock pistol grip fits my hand perfectly. Its the only 9mm I need and/or want honestly. They are reasonably priced and the best part is the 16 shot capacity mag. Great gun!
BTW, the hubs typed that, it's his handgun. I have used it at the range and it was very accurate and I loved shooting it. I would say pick one up!

#5 ·
I own a CZ75 Compact. That's what you have pictured there, yes they are all steel and you'll not regret the purchase. Mine is my EDC in the winter.

Here is the "B" model in Stainless
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-ss/

The "B" is a little longer barreled.

#6 ·
Forgot to mention also. Pick up any CZ75 that's Stainless if you can as they're now discontinued, for good.

#7 · (Edited)
I own a CZ75 Compact. That's what you have pictured there, yes they are all steel and you'll not regret the purchase. Mine is my EDC in the winter.

Here is the "B" model in Stainless
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-ss/

The "B" is a little longer barreled.
Thanks for the information I just clicked on to images and picked out a stainless one.I didn't know the stainless are being discontinued.I won't be ready until about January.I hope I can still find one.But I heard the blued ones have a very durable plastic coat in a video I watched.
I didn't realize it wasn't the B model.I would prefer the longer barrel model.

The compact model still looks very desirable.

#8 · (Edited)
They don't make a truely "blued" model anymore, though they used to and it was an amazing looking blueing job, very rare now. The finish your refering to is called polycoat. It is very durable and black but doesn't resemble plastic at all. Mines starting to show some holster wear from drawing it for pratice but that's ok with me it just shows caracter, after all it is a tool.

The only downside to the 75's are the trigger. Very heavy double action (I think mine weighed in at 14#) and gritty 8# single action out of the box. That's easily cureable with either fireing a couple thousand rounds, dry fireing it, or the route I took was to have my local smith (he's a CZ guru) lighten and smooth it out. He gave me his carry package, now it's a buttery smooth 8# double action and crisp 3.5# single action. I couldn't be happier and it's one of those firearms that'll be passed down to my children.

My CZ 75 Compact (when bought new) Now with VZ Operator 2 grips (much thinner)
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/cz75compact02.jpg/]

#10 · (Edited)
Until the Iron Curtain fell in the late 1990's CZ could not be imported to the USA. They were part of the "Wonder Nines" that became very popular in the mid 1970's (hence the name CZ75B). But since they could not be imported Tangfolio in Italy, as imported by the predecessor to EAA Witness (FIE in Florida), made clones that were not very good guns (mine literally broke the slide). Real CZ's were as rare as hen's teeth and drew very large prices in the USA.

Once CZ could import we began to get the most gun for the least money on the market place for anything CZ. The CZ75B and its big brother the CZ97 (45ACP) are totally excellent guns so much better than any of the current plastic gun as they are well made, all steel. I have the EAA Witness(45ACP), the CZ97 (45ACP) and the CZ75B (40S&W) with the Kadet 22LR conversion. It happens that my Witness is as good as the CZ's but not everyone has had that luck. The CZ's are superb guns and I highly recommend them. I have several of their rifles (22LR, 17HM2, 308 varmint, 30-06, and their over/under shotgun) and they too are better than anything else at their price points by far.

The CZ75B has a tactical trigger of a slightly different design than most other semi-auto handguns. You use to be able to get (???) from Brownells a single action trigger kit that made the trigger very good but because of the design the over travel always has to be more than normal. Putting in a trigger with an over travel stop is useless because adjusting it for minimal over travel does not allow the trigger to reset. Just changing out the springs gets the trigger pull well below the 5 lb level. Gunsmiths can do even better with a trigger job (stoning sear/hammer). But as a tactical trigger most are good out of the box.

Stainless steel guns are hard to get right. When stainless steel parts of the same alloy are run against each other they gall. The choice of alloys for each and every part is critical. CZ waited a long time to make stainless steel guns and I suspect they are discontinuing the stainless steel version for a reason (??). I would not buy the stainless steel version but go with the black alloy steel version. It is the proven form of CZ.

Of al the pistols I have there is something about the ergonomics of the shape of the CZ75B that just feels right in my hands. I noticed it right away some 25+ yeas ago when I picked up a FIE CZ75B clone. I have smallish hands and the CZ97 and the Witness I have, because they are larger than the CZ75B, are a handful for me. The CZ75B fits me perfectly.

LDBennett

#11 ·
Until the Iron Curtain fell in the late 1990's CZ could not be imported to the USA. They were part of the "Wonder Nines" that became very popular in the mid 1970's (hence the name CZ75B). But since they could not be imported Tangfolio in Italy, as imported by the predecessor to EAA Witness (FIE in Florida), made clones that were not very good guns (mine literally broke the slide). Real CZ's were as rare as hen's teeth and drew very large prices in the USA.

Once CZ could import we began to get the most gun for the least money on the market place for anything CZ. The CZ75B and its big brother the CZ97 (45ACP) are totally excellent guns so much better than any of the current plastic gun as they are well made, all steel. I have the EAA Witness(45ACP), the CZ97 (45ACP) and the CZ75B (40S&W) with the Kadet 22LR conversion. It happens that my Witness is as good as the CZ's but not everyone has had that luck. The CZ's are superb guns and I highly recommend them. I have several of their rifles (22LR, 17HM2, 308 varmint, 30-06, and their over/under shotgun) and they too are better than anything else at their price points by far.

The CZ75B has a tactical trigger of a slightly different design than most other semi-auto handguns. You use to be able to get (???) from Brownells a single action trigger kit that made the trigger very good but because of the design the over travel always has to be more than normal. Putting in a trigger with an over travel stop is useless because adjusting it for minimal over travel does not allow the trigger to reset. Just changing out the springs gets the trigger pull well below the 5 lb level. Gunsmiths can do even better with a trigger job (stoning sear/hammer). But as a tactical trigger most are good out of the box.

Stainless steel guns are hard to get right. When stainless steel parts of the same alloy are run against each other they gall. The choice of alloys for each and every part is critical. CZ waited a long time to make stainless steel guns and I suspect they are discontinuing the stainless steel version for a reason (??). I would not buy the stainless steel version but go with the black alloy steel version. It is the proven form of CZ.

Of al the pistols I have there is something about the ergonomics of the shape of the CZ75B that just feels right in my hands. I noticed it right away some 25+ yeas ago when I picked up a FIE CZ75B clone. I have smallish hands and the CZ97 and the Witness I have, because they are larger than the CZ75B, are a handful for me. The CZ75B fits me perfectly.

LDBennett
Thanks for sharing all your knowledge about CZ.I saw a CZ rifle at a gun store new in .223 caliber and was very impressed with the quality.The front sight was unique.They seem to make good stuff.

#16 ·
The CZ 75 before the "B" in the Czechoslovakian Sovereign state in Europe is a prize to find before the "75B" Model from the Czech Republic.

These are DA autos holding 15 rounds of 9mm in the handle and they were made in a way to cut cost but to date they are actually still in competition with the Hi Power Browning Single Action of renown history.

I'd say the CZ-75 is the best 9mm auto with SA and DA on the market with the 15 round magazine to date. The Hi Power is Single Action and the Beretta M-9 is SA and DA (military to date) and then there is going down the path of history of 9mm Luger compared to .45 ACP 1911 but I'd be taking up a lot of time here to digress about it.

I love the 9mm Semi Auto Handgun and I love the CZ-75 over most.
You will always love that CZ-75 as I have since the first ones came out in the Czechoslovakian Sovereign state in Europe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.