before I get accused of being a total conservative talk neophyte

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by musclehead, Mar 19, 2012.

1. musclehead

musclehead New Member

I would like to go on record and say I listen to both sides, how else will you get a feel for who is playing you? sure I listen to Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity, but I also listen to Randi Rhodes, Bill Press, and Stephanie Miller.

the problem is trying to find 'liberal' or 'progressive' talk radio, it only exists in areas where you have sufficient numbers of listners to make it economically viable. which means profit (gasp! that's a dirty word on the left, profit means 'ripoff') conservative talk overwhelms the airwaves, and that's ok by me.

so today I'm listening to Randi Rhodes and I'm only mildly disagreeing with her, most of the time she's got everything wrong. today the only real punch I can give her is this statement; 'why does a person that earns $250,000 income pay more taxes then someone that made $250,000 on their money'
    the answer is simple and she's a smart lady.

notice she didn't say capitol gains? because the money invested and taxed at the capitol gains rate has already been taxed as income. the person didn't just find money to invest, and he didn't steal it (she thinks he did) he earned it. I don't think anyone that makes $250,000 a year has $250,000 to invest, unless they live at mom's house. so the person investing that money has probably paid the top rate of 35% and after capitol gains an effective rate of 50%.

does my math make sense??

mostly she was going on about the Trayvon martin shooting, which she made it sound like it was totally outright murder. the eyewitness accounts vary a lot from the description of the account she gave. of course she made the young man sound like an innocent victim of an angry white man. eyewitnesses on the scene say the youth attacked Zimmerman and he was defending himself.

in Florida you can defend yourself with more then equal force, at least the last I heard you can.
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

MH I see your a young man. (You know i am teasing you). How do i know because you still listen to the left. After a while you will get tired of that. They cant make an argument that cant be broken.

This guy comes on sat radio. His name is Andrew Wilkow. He has a web site but his radio show is unlike any other you have ever heard. The guy knows the constitution inside and out and if you listen to him you will be hooked. He speaks the truth. You should try to see if you can find him. Another guy that really takes it to the left, and harsh too, is Mark Levin. You can probably pick up his show on the computer. Mark Levin is a warrior.

Rush, Hannity and the like dont hold a candle to these two. My opinion of course.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Agreed . I also listen to Michael Medved, but any more he's sounding more left than right. :rolleyes: He makes some good points, but....

Rabbi Daniel Lapin is my Rabbi, and I'm not known to endorse any particular religion. Why? Because of his values. Ampaterry is my pastor. Why? Because of his values.

Point is, there's a lotta folks on the airwaves that only support themselves. That's human nature. There's also a lotta folks out there that try to educate us in the truth (be it religious or other wise).

Flaming doesn't settle well with me unless the truth substantiates it.

Most 'talking heads' don't settle well with me. They all seem to wanna stir the pot without bringing anything to the table. :rolleyes:
  4. musclehead

musclehead New Member

I'm kind of a talk radio slut (those kinds of words have no place in civil discourse)
    I'll listen to anyone, but I make up my own mind the way it should be.

I don't agree 100% with anyone, unless your a mind numb robot that is the way it should be. I stand by my statement you need to listen to both sides to figure out who is telling you the truth, doesn't take long.

I actually even heard Randi Rhodes tell her listeners to look it up, read and make up your own mind (if they do she might lose listeners!). I hear that all the time from Glenn Beck.

things I've heard on left wing radio;

some gal out of L.A. heard at 9:00pm 'Democrats know how to save money, democrats know how to balance a budget' at the time the Dems were lobbying hard for a debt limit increase. Obama had already spent a trillion or two we had to borrow. good for hours of belly laughs!

some station out of Denver, 'the country is only 20% conservative and 40 %liberal' two days before Rush had gone through about 6 polls that agreed on percentages of about 20% lib 40% conservative and about 39% moderate. battleground, gallup, rasmussen a few others.

Ed Schultes show 'the only reason B.P. is 100 miles off shore and a mile deep is for money!' what an idiot! really? I think they'd rather be in shallow water or even heaven forbid dry land!

Randi Rhodes going on about how Repubs are just corporatist all they care about is the dollar. then she cuts for break and does the live radio spot for legal zoom, the same one Rush and Hannity are doing. she's a closet corporatist!

see what your missing? these pearls of wisdom just fly out of their mouths and are good for hours of entertainment:):D
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Listen to the left? NOT!!! What? I did not hear a thing.

I would rather pull barbed wire through my ear drums, or chew on roofing nails. I know, I would rather sit outside and smash my toes with a sledge hammer. Another thing that sounds better is letting someone catch their fishing hook in my ear just as they are casting from the other side of the boat. Or how about this. I would rather shove a phillips screw driver, handle and all, in one side of my nose and out the other side without Vaseline. I would rather slam my head in the door jam of my truck. I would rather have both of my arms ripped off by a post hole digger than listen to the left. I would rather be stuck in an elevator shaft with the elevator coming down on me before listening to the left. I would rather put my face into my 700 degree barbecue before listening to those diseased mindless people. And one more thing, I would rather stick my face into a meat grinder before I let those sick minded diseased people ruin my day because quite frankly, I hear enough of it as it is.

But if you like to listen to that stuff, I would highly recommend a large barf bag, and a nice sledge hammer. You might need it sooner or later.

Respectfully,
    Jim

The weird thing. I've been that way since day one.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    When I hear the left talking I get mad, then madder! My blood presure goes up, and I start ranting! I then start talking about shooting the TV, or radio! Fortunately for me there is a switch I can use to turn the CRAP off, or change channels!
  7. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Listening to the left is painful no doubt. It's like watching a moron think a square peg is gona fit in a round hole. They are really brain damaged. Should not be in the authority to leed or to run companies.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  8. 76Highboy

Well put cycloneman.

Also, I would rather clean my ears out with a cork screw or run my skill saw across my face than listen to the lerty.

I'm sorry, but mt brain is noit available for brain washing.
  9. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

dam it i spelled leed wrong
  10. musclehead

musclehead New Member

sometimes my teeth wiggle, my eyes cramp and my ears bleed, but other then that there appears to be no other side effects to listening to the left
  11. 76Highboy

You spelled it right the first time. You can lead the pack by shooting the most lead, but you can't be a leader if your a left winger. Hey, that rhymes.
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The only thing I can add to this thread is, I don't have a clue who Randi Rhodes, Bill Press, and Stephanie Miller are. Then again, maybe that was a response.
  13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The left is to left and the right is to right. Some place in the middle is the truth.
  14. musclehead

musclehead New Member

a little more critical intel I overheard on the radio in LA LA land, the idea is to reelect Obama so the left can stack the supreme court with a couple more libs.

there is a conservative judge that is trying to hold out until a republican can get in the whitehouse. he's 90ish don't remember which one though.

ahh looked it up John Paul Stevens 88years young