Beginners and Dillon progressive press....

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by B27, Oct 28, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

to some.. tedium might be a fun way to pass the time.

as for seeing into the future about getting into relaoding. I know for sure I couldn't forsee the future.

I own as many guns as the next compulsive gun collector.. thus shooting and ammo bills are generally steep. even knowing that.. I was not sure I would like reloading.

If someone knew without a doubt they were in for a pound not a penny.. then going to the knuckle i=on the first plunge is probably fine.

Many of us can not see the future however ( would have helped 4 years ago.. :( )

besides.. used relaod equipment can be sold.. ;)

anywho.. time to move on.. tack hammer to sledge hammer.. and I'm not gonna come out.. :)
  2. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree and lean strongly toward the single stage for some beginners as it does depend on what their mechanical abilities are. Not to mention how much pre-loading homework they've done beforehand or how much time they've spent learning the ropes first hand with an experienced handloader.

Not bad advice; it's a great device to get the basics down pat with. And it's probably best if some people don't invest anymore than they have to into getting set up before they find out if it's their cup of tea or not.

Couldn't agree more. Even living with a progressive, I still use one a lot.