The Firearms Forum banner

Belgian Browning A5 'Light Twelve'

8K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  antiquedr 
#1 ·
mckheean
(10/15/02 3:16:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Belgian Browning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What would a auto Belgian Browing 12 ga Light be worth with a adjustable choke?A friend wanted to know if I would like to buy it.I do not have anymore info at this time but should be able to look at it tomorrow. Benny

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(10/15/02 5:59:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Belgian Browning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you mean one with choke tubes or a thing on the end that turns to adjust the choke setting. This would be called a polychoke. Do you have any idea when the gun was made? What shape is it in?

Price could range from nuthin to a bunch

mckheean
(10/16/02 7:30:50 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Belgian Browning
It is a polychoke.I have no idea when it was made but I would rate the shotgun at 98%.I do know it was Belgian made. Thanks Benny

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(10/16/02 9:35:13 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
: Belgian Browning
Is the safety inside the trigger guard like on a M1 Garand or a M1A or is it a push buttom outside the trigger guard like modern shotguns have?

mckheean
(10/16/02 11:05:24 am)
I will check today when I see the shotgun. Benny

ibtrukn
V.I.P. Member
(10/16/02 12:09:15 pm)
Don't want to rain on your parade but that polychoke is going to "kill" the value, at least around here, NJ, NY, Eastern PA. Prally knock off $100, maybe more. They were popular 30 years ago, give or take a few. Now its really tuff to sell anything with one of those chokes. Just my NSHO IB///TFF

One suggestion, if the gun is REALLY nice, and U like it and can buy it for a VERY resonable price, think about re-barreling. New and xcellent used barrels are avalable

mckheean
(10/16/02 3:16:40 pm)
The safety is inside the triger guard.Would 500.00 be to much to pay? Benny

Edited by: mckheean at: 10/16/02 4:18:33 pm

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(10/16/02 3:17:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
By about $200.

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(10/16/02 4:29:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
That is an old gun. ib is right the poly choke does take away from the value. It might have some collector value being in very good shape but not much. There are a ton of old A-5's around. I think AntiqueDr is pretty close at $300. Personally I would say $250.00

boomatic
V.I.P. Member
(10/16/02 5:13:16 pm)
I just sold a 1960 model, NRA Excellent, with polychoke for $275. It was, polychoke notwithstanding, a very nice piece.

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"
Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

ibtrukn
V.I.P. Member
(10/17/02 5:21:55 am)
To be forewarned is to be forarmed!!!Doc an the pig are keerect!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.