The Firearms Forum banner

Belgian folding trigger revolver. Please help identify.

8K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Twaits 
#1 ·
#3 ·
hrf, thanks for the info. Very helpful. I couldn't make out the MJ before but now I can. Still not sure what is stamped under the MJ though.
Does this mean the gun was made by Michael Jamar of Liege?
Does the star over the "S" tell us anything?
The quality seems exceptionally good. I'm still wondering about the (gold?) inlays on the safety.

Again thanks for the info. You are always very helpful and I appreciate it.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Many of these guns appear to quite well made. Yous looks like it is at the top of the field. You do see to many of this type engraved. Your gun is in excellent original condition. I like the way the grips fit into the frame on your gun, not many are this graceful. Gold on safeties is not unusual on better quality guns. This one would be a keeper in my hands. I like pocket pistols and have way too many. You can often find them in nice condition as they sometimes ended up in a desk drawer and never saw the light of day for many years.

#8 ·
I know this isn't the "ask what its worth" section but I paid $130 for it ($260 for this and the Kolb Baby Hammerless)
Is that about what it is worth you think or did I do better than that?

Oh and one more thing, do you think it would be rated for smokeless powder? Do the proofmarks tell this?

Thanks again guys.

#9 ·
I think you got a good deal on those guns. Check out this auction on ********* for a pistol by the same maker as this gun. Your gun is is in much nicer condition. They seem to sell in the 150 to 200 range for very nice examples. As for being safe to fire with smokeless powder, remember these guns are turn of the century semi inexpensive guns. I would try to find cb caps or less for the little 22. Any ammo you will find that fits the European gun would probably be of low enough pressure to be OK. None of those rounds were ever loaded very hot.

#10 ·
Yeah if I was going to shoot the little .22 CBs is all I would fire. But I think I'm just going to go ahead and list that one on ********* and not risk breaking it since it works perfectly.
The .32 I may have to keep for a while because it is so nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.