The Firearms Forum banner

Belgium Browning Safari Grade 458 win mag.

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MadScotsMan 
#1 ·
My dad and I have finally made the decision that we should sell my grandfather's Belgium Browning Safari grade 458 win mag. This is too much rifle for either of us and we both feel like it needs to belong to someone that truly appreciates it and will use it. My grandfather bought this gun brand new on December 31, 1962. The serial number for the gun is L4066. This gun has never been owned by anyone but my grandfather until he passed away. He used the rifle on his African safari in 1964 to bag a bull elephant, a bull eland, and a cape water buffalo. It is in excellent condition. There are a few scuffs from the field but overall this gun is in excellent condition. I am looking for a bit more information. I am trying to figure out exactly what year this gun was manufactured. I believe that these belgium browning were started to be made in 1959. If I am right then this gun was made sometime between 1959 and 1962. I do have the original paperwork that came with the gun. I am also trying to get at least a value range for this gun. We are looking to sell the gun but would like to have a good estimate for value. I have tried to attach some pictures. Please help me out if you can and if you have any questions please let me know.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
same here.. when you set a price.. let us know.

I own a 458 Lott and shoot 458 win mags in it to lessen recoil. I plan on relaoding a few 'plinkers' with trailboss to make them even lighter.

hmm.. it's C&R too.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.