The Firearms Forum banner

Belgium, Double Barrel Side x Side-black powder

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  WHSmithIV 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought this gun on a auction, to hang over the fire place only, after I clean it up. Thought I'd see if anyone could tell me more about it. Here is how the ad was worded.

Belgium, Double Barrel Side x Side Break Action 16 Gauge shotgun, 2 Shell Capacity, Wood Stock, 32" Barrel length, 48" Overall length, Engraved Stock, Checkered Stock and Forearm, Stock is split, All metal is pitted and very rusty, Wall hanger only, Missing (1) hammer and the other is very rusty. In Overall Poor Condition. Non-working Unsafe to Fire in Current Condition.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Value will be very little in it's condition. As a wall hanger it is decoration value only. Maybe $50 and maybe not even that much.

#4 ·
A lot of these were made back in Belgium before the turn of the century. If there aren't any markings on it then determining the manufacturer could be next to impossible. If it has Damascus barrels then they should be marked. The rust is quite bad and may have eroded any markings.

#13 ·
M. Bruner in Munchen means it's most definitely German. Munchen is German for Munich and Munich is most definitely in Germany - I've been there several times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.