1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Belgium Made Browning 22 Long Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RedRocker, Aug 24, 2008.

1. RedRocker

RedRocker New Member

My father-in-law ask me to try and find out what this pistol is worth. I have not been able to find out much about it. I believe it is a Challenger, but I don't see any with the gold inlaid online. I have attached pictures of the pistol, but they don't do it justice. It looks much better than the pictures show. The serial # is 7652U2, which made no since on the Browning website. The bluing looks to me to be 100% and wood grips are in excellent condition. The gold trigger and inlaid are also in excellent condition. The pictures make the inlaid look broken in spot, but it is fully intact. The pistol has been fired, but not very many times. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Attached Files:

2. Mark

Mark New Member

That is indeed a Browning challenger, but I've never seen or heard of one with the gold wire inlay.

I'd contact Browning Arms for more information.
    Mark
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Very nice pistol. You have a Gold Line Browning Challenger. In new and unfired condition they are valued at $1600, but yours appears to be in fired but excellent condition and would be worth about $1300 according to the 2008 Standard Catalog of Firearms.
  4. RedRocker

RedRocker New Member

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it!!

Ken
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi RedRocker.....welcome to TFF. :)

Wonderwhippet ID'd your Browning Challenger "Gold Line" correctly.

Actually there were only 293 of these made....147 with a 4 1/2" barrel, and 146 with a 6 3/4" barrel.

The Blue Book of Gun Values actually values the Gold Line Challenger quite a bit higher than the Standard Catalog of Firearms....

Blue Book value:

100% - $2,950
    98% - $2,250
    95% - $1,700

100% = New condition, never been fired.
    98% = Has been fired a little, but otherwise like new.
  6. RedRocker

RedRocker New Member

Thank you Xracer for that information. I will pass it on to my father-in-law. I'm sure he will be surprised. He was thinking about selling the pistol, but I am not sure what he will do now.

Thanks to all who replied,
    Ken