The Firearms Forum banner

Belgium tower GR flintlock musket

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jim K 
#1 ·
Can Anyone help Identify this Belgium made Tower GR Flintlock Musket? I am new to this forum and don't quite understand how to make a new post. it says made in Belgium on the top of the barrel. It has the number 12 on the side of the barrel between two other marks. It says Tower on the Lock Plate and it has a Crown with the initials of G R under the crown also on the lock plate. On the right side of the Stock it has a Triangle with the letters of L G and a Crown underneath the initials impressed into the stock. I do not know how to date this musket or know anything about the maker but, it belongs to my father in law who bought it off of a friend many years ago and he was under the impression that it is a working replica.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Good morning, bscalise, and welcome to TFF.

I didn't want your new posts to get lost in an old thread, so I created a new thread and moved your posts and the one reply into it.

When reading this, the only option is to reply to this thread. You have to get back to the LIST of threads in this particular section - you can do that by going up to the top of the page and looking at the thread location line. The last item on it is "The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum". Click on that, and you will see a list of all threads in this section, and at the button to the left now says "new thread". Clicking it allows you to type in the title you want and start a new thread.

I can't help much with the nice piece you have here, but I sure enjoyed looking at it; thank you!

#5 ·
This musket looks like a reproduction made in Belgium around the the time of the bicentennial for re-enactors. They were fairly common at the time, but there was some issue with the way they were breeched, and they fell out of favor with the living history crowd. Sorry I can't remember the makers name at this time, I haven't seen one of them in years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.