benelli B-76 9MM

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Bucky Bronco, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Bucky Bronco

Bucky Bronco New Member

Anyone have any experience with the Benelli B-76. I have held it and it feels very comfortable. It has a rake like a Luger/Ruger Mark II. I belive it has a fixed barrel configuration and a spring that calms recoil. Nice sights. 8 round mag. Not sure about accuracy. I know it didn't catch on but I love odd stuff. Wouldn't mind adding it to my battery. Regards
    [​IMG]
  2. punchie

punchie Member

I have one and love it. Yes it is a fixed barrel and the accuracy is top notch. Excellent ergonomics and a low bore axis make it a natural pointer for me. The field stripping is kind of a pain in the butt, but hey its Italian.
  3. Bucky Bronco

Bucky Bronco New Member

Punchie what do you think the value is today? Have a Blue Book? Remember what you gave? Fella on gunbroker has a reserve of $500 which I think way too high. I'd say it was about the $350 mark. What say you?
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Blue Book shows

100% - 400
    98% - 375
    95% - 335

2005 Standard Catalogue shows

Exc - 400
    VG - 350

The $500.00 figure sounds high to me. Maybe wishful thinking.
  5. punchie

punchie Member

I paid $250 for mine about 5 years ago. I would rate it at a conservative 95 percent. I have been offered $450 for it from some Benelliaholics but it is not for sale. While it is not what I would call rare it is unusual and a quality piece worth holding on to. If that was the auctions from the fellow down in Fl, he thinks everything he has is gold. I would not pay over $350, period.
  6. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

those same ones on Gunbroker have ben on there for 3 -5 mobths now with nobody being crazy enough to bid up to reserve. I've handled one and they are inded a very comfortable holding pistol. I lost out on a great deal not too long ago myself. As nice as they are, $500 is overpriced unless it were in the box complete with everything and unfired. Otherwise...too much $. Also, is anyone have any spare parts/mags avail just in case?
  7. Bucky Bronco

Bucky Bronco New Member

I agree that $350 is about right perhaps on the highish side. There know there are mags availible. I'll continue to keep my eyes out for one within that range. the Guy in FL will sit on those until he gets what he wants I suppose. I agree that it is a very nice piece that has its merits. Again, I like stuff that is well made, quality, and not run-of-the-mill, which this is not. Thanks guys!
  8. punchie

punchie Member

CDNN had the mags and new grips available but don't expect any support from Bennelli if you should need anything else :(
  9. hammy the squirly

hammy the squirly New Member

ok ive got a question for yall B76 enthusiasts....... ive got some friends that inheritated a set of them.... one a sport one standard..... they both need new barrels actions and the sport needs a new weighted sleeve because it was damaged in a moving accident...... anybody know where parts can be found?.... even after-market parts will work