Benelli Nova??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 270 Deer Slayer, Jan 10, 2005.

1. 270 Deer Slayer

270 Deer Slayer New Member

Anyone have one, how do you like it??
  2. stanman

stanman New Member

I don't have one.
    My brother bought one new about 2 yrs. ago to replace his aging Auto-5 for duck and goose hunting.
    It has been out in the field exactly twice.
    He would be more than willing to part with it at this point.
    I've never heard him say that there was anything wrong with the Benelli except for the vicious recoil when firing 3" mags, he just didn't realize how much he loved the Browning until he tried something else.

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice.
    Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    Barry Goldwater
  3. HappyNanoq

HappyNanoq New Member

Lives in the northern Jutland, which is where I gr
    Don't have one, tried one though.

I'm not recoilshy when t comes to shotguns.
    I do like 2 3/4" as much as 3" and 3½" shells - even from relatively light shotguns.

If you're recoilshy.. well, there's just some kind of hunts you have to part with, unless you want something heavy to tote around.
    I've got a Benelli Super Black Eagle 3½" Semi-auto and I don't mind the recoil one bit, even from the heavy loaded shells.

Quality is unsurpassed - I don't care what anyone else says, it .. simply.. is.

You can get extra weights, with Mercury in it - recoildampeners.
    They can be installed quite easily.

It is a little futuristic looking, the Nova - that's nothing to be scared of.
    It handles very well - and keeps on truckin' when others takes a poopin'.

I've tried several makes, brands, models or whatever the (beep) it's called - (I did some repair, tests and such for a company in Greenland).
    I've found that Benelli can be beat.. other than with a flyswatter - but not in reliability, quality and craftmanship. No way.
  4. SXSMAN

SXSMAN New Member

The Nova is like when your best friend tells you " She may be nothing to look at but is great in the sack!" :cool:

I've got one in camo and added the recoil reducer because of a shoulder problem . I loaned it out last week and a newbie that I figured couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with took 5 honkers sooooooooooo I'm with Happy on this one , very hard to beat the quality and as ugly as they are you don't have to worry about theft :rolleyes: .

I think I'll try to find another used one and get a roll of duct tape and tape em together to make a cool new SxS , whatja think ? ;)

SxS