Bent Nails:

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

TYRVR
    (3/21/01 6:17:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Bent Nails:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any one here know of someone wearing A tattoo of A Bent Nail?
    or any Bent Nails on board?

Edited by: TYRVR at: 3/22/01 7:26:12 am

Remf
    (3/22/01 7:51:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bent Nails:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nope, not me.

TYRVR
    (3/22/01 9:40:32 pm)
    Not many left, I suppose, attrition rate speeds up with each passing Year,

TYRVR
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/17/02 1:41:43 am)
    Since making this request I have found four, one of which perished at the Pentagon crash site,how ironic that a U.S. Soldier should be killed at the most secure base his country provides. I did not know him,but I'll bet He's laughing,
    C'est le Guerre,
    DOWN WITH GRAVITY!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/17/02 8:52:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Bent Nails:
    Sorry bout the one lost TY, but glad you found
    some of the others.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

ruffitt
    *VMBB Staff*
    (4/18/02 4:37:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Tye -

Have you tied going to www.classmates.com/user/s...ocation.tf and looking around there?

Just might get lucky there and find who you are looking for.

If memory serves, you can even your old unit (if it's listed) or any military unit (again if it is listed).

If you need any help, get ahold of me and I'll see if I can help.

Regards
    RuffItt

TYRVR
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/5/02 9:31:36 pm)
    I don't suppose I'll find anymore of the "Bent Nails", wasn't but 24 of us to begin with, and I have found all that want to be found, not even sure why I'm looking for them, We did not know each other before and I have only known one since. I seem to have some strange need to connect, but do not wish to see or speak to them. Freud would rub his hands and cackle like a demented witch hearing that statement. No re-union and no shared memories over a beer for this group. just a ticket on the last bus to hell.
    DOWN WITH GRAVITY!

TYRVR
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/25/02 7:54:06 am)
    35 years ago today a man died in Cambodia, he was a Col. in the U.S. Army. Lots of people died that day I suppose, but this man was special. He looked like a school teacher or a doctor, tall and thin with just a hint of a pouch starting at his waist, as most middle aged men gain when they hit 50 or so,thin hair cut short and pop bottle glasses. I was assigned to his unit when I first entered S.E.A.T.O. my job was to do whatever he told me to do. We were with the 10th S.O.G. at the time,and our A.O. was Cambodian highlands and sometimes Laos and S.Viet Nam. That was where he died, propped up against a tree trunk with his intestines torn from his body by a mortar round, I held him up as he kept asking for his glasses, and trying to pray. He was fine man and a good soldier.
    Tom, I still remember.
    DOWN WITH GRAVITY!

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (9/25/02 2:24:48 pm)
    TYRVR, I am sorry for the bad memory that you carry with you but I hope through out the years that your Good memory will (or has) over come the terrible tragedy that you had to be a part of.

I am also very proud to see someone speak well of an officer. That does not happen very often and I know from experience from having worked with many Cols. that not all of them were out to get a higher rank on their shoulders. They were as human as the rest of us or some were complete air heads as enlisted, there was no difference.

When I was assigned to Long Binh, I was talking with a colonel that was returning back to his field position in one of the choppers. While we were talking the airwave went completely silent. A few minutes later I learned that his chopper had been shot down and all KIA. I was luckier then you, being a female I wasn't in the field to witness all this. But sitting in headquarters area there were many times it was difficult to carry on. I knew of what was going on but only visualized the tragic outcome, unless I passed by one of the evacs and it was there for everyone to see.

Remember the happy times TYRVR! - Hope

Tac401
    Administrator
    (9/28/02 1:03:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    TY,

Keep the faith, he's still with you and you will meet
    again someday in a better life.

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac