beretta 7.65

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by george rea, Nov 11, 2009.

1. george rea

george rea New Member

i have a semi - auto pistol given to me years ago . i have never done any thing with it and have some questions.it is marked on left side PIETRO BERETTA-Gardone V.T. Cal 7.65-PAT. on right side 799784 it is 6 inches long, black , w/ black grips. ammo that came with it is 32 auto. any info on age, value , cleaning etc would be helpful . i have figured how to remove the barrel and slide witch has a 3 inch pin and spring. thanks
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

There are two or three different Beretta 32s. If you post a picture it will help to narrow it down. You'd get better information that way.
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Hey george, does it look like this one? I will look up the SN yuou gave also. I have three of these two the wife and I carry and one for parts.

Attached Files:

4. jondar

jondar New Member

If your gun is over 30 years old it is probably a Model 1934, and should be marked on the left side of the slide with that info. I think these were also made in .380 and called the Model 1935. I've seen the 34's at gun shows going anywhere $250 - $400 depending on condition. Great guns, like all Berettas.
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Actually you got it backwards and does a few books I have looked at. According to beretta the 32 auto is the 1935 model ever since its birth around WWII. The on here is a 32 auto or 7.65 as marked on the slide and it is a 1935. Mine is manufactured in 1942 and shoots better than todays small caliber pistols. I hae shot mine form a vise and it helad as good a pattern on paper as a ruger P89 at 75ft. These are sweet shootin little irons. The trigger pull is a bit heavy but once you overcome that and the weight of the pistol they are quite nice and very accurate for a gun as old and small as it is.
  6. jclay173

jclay173 New Member

I have what I believe to be a Beretta Model 1935. It has PIETRO BERETTA-Gardone V.T. Cal 7.65-PAT. on right side. The serial number is 855026. The guns is in excellent condition and has had little use. Can anyone help me determine the year it was made and the approximate value?
    Thanks
  7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Well given the seril number it would be a newer model probly manufactured in the late 50's early 60's. Pending on condition the value would be around 300 to 350. The WWII era ones go for a bit more. The max I have seen on these little guns was 680 but I belive it was way over priced. Book value is as stated. If interested in selling let me know. I love these little jewels.
  8. jclay173

jclay173 New Member

Thanks for your help. The year sounds right based on what the lady I bought it from told me. It was purchased new by her husband. He passed away and I bought all of his guns. I am interested in purchasing a revolver or a glock. I was hoping to get $500 out of the pistol.
  9. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Forget $500. In .32 caliber it will go for around $325 if in mint condition. A .380 will bring around $395,
  10. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Yeah 325 is about right as whippit said. I have had mine appraised at 500 but I also have the Capp papers and a printed history of the gun from Beretta ans I know it has had only 150 shells run through it since it was brought home after the war.I aslo have the original holster for it, Even though it was modified and damaged by a German soldier it stil increases the value. total package apraisal of 500
  11. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

If you can post a pic of it please.
  12. jclay173

jclay173 New Member

100_0530[1].jpg

100_0534[1].jpg

100_0535[1].jpg

Attached are the pics of my Beretta as you asked.
  13. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Yeah this is one of the last M1935's produced. As you can see the difference in the grips from yours to mine. THe gun is valued at 400 just cuz of the condition that it is in. Now getting somone to buy for that price is gonna be somwhat difficult. But it is like other types of collectables and peronal items, true value and sell value is gona be two diffrnent things. I would say getting 350 out of it may be pushing it but not at all impossible.

My personal opinnion is to keep it cuz these guns even though they are heavy are damn good shooters for as small as a caliber they are. Also take in consideration there is most likely never to be another production run on that particular type and sizeand you get a value that can go nowhere but up in the years to come.
  14. Easttxrn

Easttxrn New Member

I have a pistol just like the one pictured here except it is stainless. any idea of the worth? [​IMG][/IMG]
  15. RJay

RJay Active Member

No, but FWIW it is not stainless. It has been plated or painted.
  16. Easttxrn

Easttxrn New Member

With more research I have found that it is alloy not stainless
  17. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The gun shown by jclay is post-war. Pre-war guns have the old proof markings and also the date, in both conventional numbers and in Mussolini's Roman numbers with 1921 as the year 1.

The 9mm Corto (.380 ACP) Modello 1934 was the standard WWII Italian service pistol. The 1935 was produced only for civilian sales in the pre-war period, but late in the war when the Germans took over the factory, they had the 7.65 version made for them (.380 was not in the German military/police supply system). Those pistols have few markings and are often crude, but are desireable collectors items.

Jim
  18. nwall5445

nwall5445 New Member

I was willed this little gem but it came to me without a clip. Does anyone know where I could find one online as I can't seem to find anything for this particular gun. It is the exact gun shown here http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=69944. Not the first set of pictures but the second posted by jclay173.

A link to a store or some more information on the gun would be great.
    Thanks,
    Nick
  19. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Member

nwall5445, welcome to the Forum. If your gun matchs jclay173's photos of 11/19/09 above, it is an early post-war Beretta. These were ususally called the Model 948, or M948.

Doing a Google search for Beretta 948 magazine turned up quite a few places selling magazines for this gun, in a variety of calibers; I believe it made in .22 rimfire, 7.65mm (= 32ACP), and 9mm Corto (= 380 ACP). You should have no trouble finding a magazine, although a factory original will be more difficult and cost more; Beretta stopped making that model about 50 years ago. HTH, and good luck!
  20. bowtiejunkie

bowtiejunkie New Member

sry to come in on what seems to be a dead thread but have some questions relivant to this. but mine on the left side says "PIETRO BERETTA gardone v t cal 7.65" doesnt have the PAT like the others. on the right it has "MOD. 70 - MADE IN ITALY" SN-A33304 i will post pics (does not look like either shown above) when i get a chance most likely in the morning. i am just trying to figure out any info about this firearm such as year, what ammo, value, ect. thanks!