Beretta 92 Custom Carry

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dixietoolz, Jun 19, 2012.

1. dixietoolz

dixietoolz New Member

I just picked up this Beretta 92 Custom Carry type L. These were produced in 1999-2000 and their is very limited information. It is a double stack and holds 13 rd.s, is a type L compact, the right side safety/decocker is removed for better concealment/carry and as you can see from the pics it has the billboard engraved on the slide. Finish is approx 98% with a few minor scratches. I would like to know the approximate value, number produced and any other information you can pass my way.

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. dixietoolz

dixietoolz New Member

109 views and no info? Any info would be greatly appreciated
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The reason no one has answered is probably because has the information you request. Beretta made a number of special issue 92's as a sales gimmick. Value in my two year old Standard Catalog is 625 NIB, add for inflation. You might try and contact Beretta USA, I have no ideal if they will furnish the info, but hey, who knows?
  4. dixietoolz

dixietoolz New Member

Thanks for the response RJay. I contacted Beretta and they do not release production #`s. I have heard that as few as 100 of these were produced but that is hard for me to believe. I ran the serial # through Berettas # lookup and this was produced in 2000 but thats all I got. Gonna have to keep looking
  5. zcchryst

zcchryst New Member

I'd like to know what you come up with. I have one I bought new in 2001 BER156930. It's a great size to carry.
  6. Lerenis

Lerenis New Member

The Beretta 92FC I believe was the original compact for the model. Back in the 80's, around '86ish is when they came out. Nice 9mm and not as bulkie as the standard.
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mine is a 92SBC purchased in about 1980 or 1981.