1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Beretta 92 Disassembly

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Rocket2Mars
    (7/21/02 7:38:50 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Taurus/Barretta 92 disassembly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone help me with instructions on how to remove the firing pin from the slide for cleaning. The firing pin stop/safety seems to be a bit sticky. I am thinking a good cleaning and lube will help trigger pull.

Thanks

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/21/02 9:39:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Taurus/Barretta 92 disassembly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am going to suggest just immersing the entire slide assembly in a cleaning tank (ultrasonic would be ideal), unless you are completely familiar with the operating theory of this pistol. Thre are various small rollpins and springs involved in disassembly of the slide, and they can be easily deformed or lost.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Rocket2Mars
    (7/21/02 1:52:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Taurus/Barretta 92 disassembly
    Good idea! I was thinking that the adjustable sight may need removal (pinned) to get at something or other under it.