Beretta 92 FS Back sight removal

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by LDJ, Aug 12, 2011.

1. LDJ

LDJ Member

I just purchased a Beretta 92FS and it is shooting a little to the left. I want to move the back sight a little. Or maybe I want to remove it, and install a target sight. I'm not sure yet. Anyway I looked at the instructions and they showed a tool that is made for moving the back sight. Well I am not going to buy a tool for this one time, I would just take it to a Gunsmith. My question is, can't I just put a piece of brass rod on it and smack it with a hammer? If I want to install a new target sight, can't I just knock the old one out and install the new one?
    LDJ
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Yes and yes. LPI makes a target set for that gun. Yes you can smack them out but the hard part is getting a good solid grip on the slide. A vice works but with the design of the slide the grip is low and the slide will like to cant out of the jaws of the vice. If you get the adjustable target sights a front hood sight would have to be installed. Those are not for the do it your self'ers. You can screw those up right quick if not done right.
  3. LDJ

LDJ Member

Thanks, Helix FR
    LDJ