1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Beretta 92 Pistols - Learning How They Work

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by hoppy70, May 5, 2012.

1. hoppy70

hoppy70 New Member

During my study and research of the Beretta 92 Pistols I have found the following statements that I am having some concerns as to which are not true. Can you list which statements are not true? Thanks for your help.

1. Note #5. A tapered hole in the locking block causes the unlocking action to be activated.-
    2. Note #13. On models with a frame mounted safety, the safety blocks the sear.
    3. Note #17. The trigger bar is also the disconnector.
    4. Note #20. The extractor doesn't always have to extract.
    5. Note #22. The take down latch release button must be pushed before rotating the takedown latch in order to take the slide off of the frame
    6. Note #23. When taking out the mainspring (hammer spring) it is best to have the hammer cocked.
    7. Note #28. For a left-handed shooter, the serrated end of the magazine catch should be on the left hand side of the gun.
    8. Note #29. A slave pin is required for installing the trigger and the trigger spring back into the frame.
    9. Note #32. When the manual safety that is on the slide is turned on, the hammer drops.
    10. Note #34. The firing pin is shorter than its housing.
    11. Note #38. On the version with the manual safety that is located on the slide, the firing pin locking safety is held in by a cross pin.
    12. Note #40. The grips must be on in order to install the magazine catch back into the frame.

Again thanks for your help!
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  3. hoppy70

hoppy70 New Member

Thanks for you help and information about the Beretta 92 Pistols. When you say "yes" do you mean true? From your answers, I believe that questions 2,4,6,7,11, and 12 are all false? Is this correct. Thanks!
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

yes=true. The others I would not always consider false bc parts of it could be true but not all of it.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I thought I posted this before,but it somehow got lost.

On #5, the hole is not in the locking block but in the barrel foot and contains a plunger that cams the locking block down when the barrel strikes the frame on the backward movement. It is a slight modification of the system used in the Walther P.38.

Jim