1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Beretta 92FS Compact Type M Magazines

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jer31822, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jer31822

jer31822 New Member

New Member and this is my first post to a great forum. I have a beretta 92FS Compact. I am having a problem finding an extra magazine. I ordered two from Beretta and received them however, they were the thich 15 round magazines. I need the narrow ( I believe 8 round magazine). Advice anyone?

JER
    Pine Mountain, GA
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

There used to be a wide selection of pattern mags available for most production guns. I used to buy Megger Magazines, and never had any problems with any of them. Whether they are available still, of in the model you need I dont know, but it shouldn't be difficult to find out.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

yep meg-gar makes a fine magazine as a matter of fact they are the contractor that makes many oem mags for some of the gun makers. but sad to say they no longer produce the magazine for a beretta type m :(
  4. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

nope a type m is a slim line single stack 9mm with a 8 round magazine .
  6. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

ohhhhhh. Didn't even see the type m in the subject. My apologies.
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

no problem the type m is often overlooked not sure how long it was made but i do know they are hard to find
  8. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

I had to look it up. I'd never heard of it, but you live and you learn. This is the only place I could find one, and they are asking $50 for them. Never done business with them, but they popped up while I was reading about the Type M. The magazine is Order # JM92M

http://www.a2zoutdoors.com/beretta_pistol_magazines.htm
  9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

thanks for the link at least i know where to find spares now . not sure i want to pay 50 bucks for one :(
  10. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Ditto on the link thank-you!

I've got a friend with a 92FS-M and he was in the same boat as I am with my Sig P6 with those hard to find and/or expensive single-stack mags.
    Would be nice if one of the aftermarket companies would pick up some of those "oddball" models, but I suppose it's a supply & demand thing.
  11. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

if the after market company is a good one. usa and triple k come to mind as not so good. my sig 225 i was lucky when i bought it , came with 6 extra factory mags
  12. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yeah, USA isn't all that great...I've never tried anything from Triple-K.
    Yes you got lucky with your P225! I got two mags with my P6 and was able to scrounge up one factory P225 mag (still new in the bag) covered in dust at a pawn shop for cheap.
  13. jer31822

jer31822 New Member

Thanks for all this help. I bit my bullet and ordered the expensive magazine this evening. It has certainly been a problem finding one.
    Thanks again for all the help,
    JER
  14. 007bondjamesbond007

007bondjamesbond007 New Member

The Mag your looking for is very rare. I have seen them at $75 a piece on BrandX. If you can find it grab it. I traded my Type M with 4 mags for a full size 92FS because it so hard to find mags. I love the Type M its a great shooter. I traded it a Beretta collector.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  15. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

there is one listed on a gun auction site but be very careful this one looks to be an after market magazine i think both pro-mag and triple K made magazines for these things, both are junk ..... just my opinion