Beretta 92FS Compact Type M Magazines

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jer31822, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jer31822

jer31822 New Member

New Member and this is my first post to a great forum. I have a beretta 92FS Compact. I am having a problem finding an extra magazine. I ordered two from Beretta and received them however, they were the thich 15 round magazines. I need the narrow ( I believe 8 round magazine). Advice anyone?

JER
    Pine Mountain, GA
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

There used to be a wide selection of pattern mags available for most production guns. I used to buy Megger Magazines, and never had any problems with any of them. Whether they are available still, of in the model you need I dont know, but it shouldn't be difficult to find out.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

yep meg-gar makes a fine magazine as a matter of fact they are the contractor that makes many oem mags for some of the gun makers. but sad to say they no longer produce the magazine for a beretta type m :(
  4. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

nope a type m is a slim line single stack 9mm with a 8 round magazine .
  6. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

ohhhhhh. Didn't even see the type m in the subject. My apologies.
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

no problem the type m is often overlooked not sure how long it was made but i do know they are hard to find
  8. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

I had to look it up. I'd never heard of it, but you live and you learn. This is the only place I could find one, and they are asking $50 for them. Never done business with them, but they popped up while I was reading about the Type M. The magazine is Order # JM92M

http://www.a2zoutdoors.com/beretta_pistol_magazines.htm
  9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

thanks for the link at least i know where to find spares now . not sure i want to pay 50 bucks for one :(
  10. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Ditto on the link thank-you!

I've got a friend with a 92FS-M and he was in the same boat as I am with my Sig P6 with those hard to find and/or expensive single-stack mags.
    Would be nice if one of the aftermarket companies would pick up some of those "oddball" models, but I suppose it's a supply & demand thing.
  11. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

if the after market company is a good one. usa and triple k come to mind as not so good. my sig 225 i was lucky when i bought it , came with 6 extra factory mags
  12. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yeah, USA isn't all that great...I've never tried anything from Triple-K.
    Yes you got lucky with your P225! I got two mags with my P6 and was able to scrounge up one factory P225 mag (still new in the bag) covered in dust at a pawn shop for cheap.
  13. jer31822

jer31822 New Member

Thanks for all this help. I bit my bullet and ordered the expensive magazine this evening. It has certainly been a problem finding one.
    Thanks again for all the help,
    JER
  14. 007bondjamesbond007

007bondjamesbond007 New Member

The Mag your looking for is very rare. I have seen them at $75 a piece on BrandX. If you can find it grab it. I traded my Type M with 4 mags for a full size 92FS because it so hard to find mags. I love the Type M its a great shooter. I traded it a Beretta collector.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  15. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

there is one listed on a gun auction site but be very careful this one looks to be an after market magazine i think both pro-mag and triple K made magazines for these things, both are junk ..... just my opinion