The Firearms Forum banner

Beretta 92FS - The "D" spring improves the trigger pull A LOT!

12K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  68c15 
#1 ·
The 92FS is fat, heavy, and old fashioned, but I still love that pistol. I'll never get rid of mine. But I think the original double-action trigger pull is awful. It's way too heavy to be useful.

I heard about replacing the original hammer spring in the 92FS with the spring that Beretta puts in the 92D, that's the double-action only version of the Beretta 92 series. They call that spring the "D" spring. I bought the spring directly from Beretta, and swapped it out myself. It was very easy to do. There are YouTube videos that show you how to do it.

That "D" spring made a world of difference in the double action trigger pull. It's actually really nice now. If you have a 92FS, I highly recommend that you replace your hammer spring. You will love the difference.

#3 ·
No. It's still DA/SA, just like before. The only difference is that the DA trigger pull is now very nice. I think Beretta recognized that if they used the 92FS hammer spring in the model 92D that no one would ever buy the 92D because the DA trigger pull would be too heavy; so they designed a lighter spring for the 92D. I don't know why they don't put that "D" spring in every 92 model.

#9 ·
I handled a stainless one for $525 used but like new at a gun store yesterday. It had a steel guide rod and started getting that "I want feeling"but my gun funds are dried up for the next couple of month's or so.I don't know why I even went in there.But your trigger spring upgrade does sound like a good idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.