Beretta 92FS upgrades

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by CrookCountyGO, Jan 9, 2017.

1. CrookCountyGO

CrookCountyGO Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Hello, all. I'm looking for opinions on "must have" upgrades for the stock Beretta 92. I've decided to get a Wilson short reach trigger and a steel high profile mag release. I'm considering the Wolff trigger spring assembly, but I'm not sure. I would also like to find some grips that are thinner than the factory grips, but I'm not sure who makes them. Any opinions on these upgrades or suggestions of your own?

dbcooper likes this.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    No suggtestions! I have found mine to be near perfect the way it is.

3. CrookCountyGO

Mar 4, 2016
    Hey, Moody. I almost agree. The grip size and double action trigger is just a tad too much for my comfort, and I have a hard time activating the mag release. Outside of that, it's pretty darn close to perfect for me too.

4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Wichita, Ks
    My Beretta 92 feels better in my hand than any of my other handgun but the trigger is the worst of all my handguns. Probably somewhere in the 9-11 pound range.
    If you find a good trigger setup, please let me know.

CrookCountyGO likes this.
  5. CrookCountyGO

Mar 4, 2016
    Hey, RC. I don't know the weight of the DA trigger pull on mine, but it doesn't feel too bad. The length of pull is what I don't like, so I'm hoping the short reach trigger will correct that. But it's funny, because I have the same complaint as you - the gun that feels the best in my hand has the worst trigger pull...and for me it's my Browning Hi Power. God that trigger!

rcairflr likes this.
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    If you remove the magazine disconnect from the Browning, the trigger will improve and the magazine will eject.

Seems like a metal replacement for that plastc guide rod would be a thoughty thought.

7. CrookCountyGO

Mar 4, 2016
    Alpo - I finally went ahead and had the mag disconnect removed and the hammer spring lightened on the Hi Power last summer. Made a world of difference (went from about a 16lb pull to 10lb). Never liked magazine disconnects anyway.

Yeah, I just may upgrade the guide rod as well and get rid of a little more plastic!

8. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

Me too
    I haven't changed it

CrookCountyGO and howlnmad like this.
  9. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Nevada
    I would just buy an extra mag and more ammo!

dbcooper likes this.
  10. CrookCountyGO

Mar 4, 2016
    You guys are no help! Here I am, trying to spend money I don't have to upgrade a gun that doesn't need it - and you're being sensible! Where are the enablers when you need them?! ;)

howlnmad, gdmoody and jedwil like this.
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    All right, here you go, upgrade the magazine to a 30 rounder:
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/92f-90-two-9mm-30rd-blue.html?___SID=U

CrookCountyGO likes this.