1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Beretta 92FS

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gvw3, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D New Member

a great pistol that will always be in my collection. the 92 has always made me look like a shooter;)
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I own one and it always outshoots my Glock 19. Great handgun.
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Most any METAL framed pistol will out shoot a Glock...
  4. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

A good buddy of mine owns one and it's a great gun. Great shooter, great take down, just works. If you ask people to pick top 10 9mm pistols, Beretta 92 is somewhere 2-9 on every single list.
  5. Captain Jack

Captain Jack New Member

Great gun , i let mine go now i want it back again , so it`s back on my list aswell as others go for it you will never regret it ,
  6. Packrat76

Packrat76 New Member

I have a M9, bought it last August, very accurate and reliable with 2000 rds fired to date. One of the easiest to take down and clean, I love it.
  7. Silent Rock

Silent Rock New Member

I pick up my new 92 FS tomorrow morning. I can barely wait. If it isn't raining Saturday, I will be trying it out.

Silent Rock
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Your going to love it. What a well made firearm.
  9. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    That extra inch of barrel length probably helped with that.
  10. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

The Beretta Model 92 and its descendants is a decent, reliable military, police, and self-defense pistol. It is descended from the German, Walther P38. Originally, it was a high capacity improvement of the Beretta model 1951, with a Browning type manual safety.

The more expensive SIG pistol outperformed it in the testing that caused the USA to adopt the B92 (with a P38 type safety and 1911 type magazine release) as the M9. SIG (Swiss Industries of War) is in a country that is not a member of NATO and Italy is a member of NATO. Politics is suspected and alleged in the selection process.

The M9 does not have the reputation of a well made 1911 or Glock for durability. I can not lay my fingers on the exact data at the moment, but think that I remember that the USA originally rated it as 25,000 shot arm, with slides replaced every 5000 shots.

Early in the M9's service with the US, there were some slide failures and separations that caused military shooter injuries and probably one likely fatality. Several factors were considered the likely cause of said slide problems. They included not noticing that the slide was progressively cracking and taking it out of service before its ultimate separation; the pistols allegedly having been fired extensively with +P+ ammo that they were not designed for; and a trace element used to refine the grain structure or the steel used in the series of slides that failed.

In any case Beretta redesigned the pistol to prevent the slide from being able come back and strike the shooter in the event of a breakage. I ave owned a Taurus made clone of the original B92 (no known slide failures) for 30 years and am well satisfied with it as a high capacity, full size, reasonably accurate, reliable, police and military type pistol.

I am confident that I have not put more than 7000 shots through it.

Hope this helps.
  11. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Congrats gvw3!
  12. Bowsage

Bowsage New Member

I have a 92FS Inox , Italian, in the right hands, she'll shoot a ragged hole at quite a few paces.