Beretta Cheetah

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by raveneap, Oct 24, 2007.

1. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Ordered a new Beretta 84FS Cheetah Monday morning. It came in yesterday afternoon and I picked it up at my LGS this morning. Haven't had a chance to try it yet; hopefully will get out to my son's place this weekend and give it a workout. It looks and feels great. Here's a picture of it, fresh out of the box and not even cleaned up yet.

[​IMG]
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

It sure is pretty. Let everyone know how it fires... getting one has been in the back of my mind, so I'd like to know.
  3. raveneap

raveneap New Member

If all goes as planned, I'll post a range report the first of the week.
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

What caliber is that? nice lookin' pistol. Is it a compact?
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I just looked at one a couple days ago, Bruce, so I could tell you the answers. But I think I'll let the proud new owner tell us about it.
  6. raveneap

raveneap New Member

"Campingjosh" I just looked at one a couple days ago, Bruce, so I could tell you the answers. But I think I'll let the proud new owner tell us about it.<<

Hi guys,

It's a .380 and yup, 'tis a compact. Feels great in the hand, will let you know how it performs the first of the week weather permitting.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  7. I've heard good things about those compact .380 Berettas, Raven. Should make a nice little carry gun for you. I have a Sig P-230 in that caliber that I carry fairly often. With good ammo (I use Federal Hydra Shoks), I certainly don't feel underarmed.
  8. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Sorry for the delay - finally got a half decent day and took the Cheetah out to my son's where he has a small range out back. It performed just as I suspected a Beretta would - beautifully. Very smooth; lets you know it's there when you fire it, but nothing terrible. Accuracy was very good for a compact; (much better when my Son was firing it! :) All in all, I'm very pleased with it.
  9. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Very nice piece you got there. Glad your happy with it.
  10. A-Zo

A-Zo New Member

Got a buddy looking to buy one, look forward to hearing your report. Checked one out the other day, nice gun.
  11. chrislind2

chrislind2 New Member

Can't go wrong with the Beretta name.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  12. terryn4iy

terryn4iy New Member

I own one, it is a trade-in from the Indiana State Police and has their logo on the grips which I think makes it extra cool. It is very handy, nice to shoot and perfectly reliable. I was carrying it today as my concealed carry weapon. I know you will continue to like yours, it is a great looking piece.

Best regards,

Terry
  13. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

I really like that pistol, looks great,...Hmmmmmm maybe I should start saving
  14. Capt_HooK

Capt_HooK New Member

I am really concideringthe Cheetah, but is .380 strong enough for a carry?
  15. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

It's a very good gun. In Italy the Revenue Guard (here is a military Corp) still has it in use for daily duty. With a Beretta gun is difficult (rare) have troubles.