Beretta fans?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rnshooter, Jan 24, 2004.

1. rnshooter

rnshooter New Member

hello all,
    i am a big beretta fan and am thinking of purchasing my third beretta. currently i own a 96fs and 9000s, both i .40 cal. i am thinking about getting an elite 1A or elite 2. any comments on either of those guns? also, my next choice would have to be a 1911 design, probably kimber. any input is appreciated. oh, if anyone has shot an elite, please let me know how it shoots.

thanks,

be safe
  2. merc

merc New Member

hello rnshooter and welcome aboad.
    Although I can't speak directly about your models I will say that as a collector the only 2 Berrettas I have are an old .25cal 950 and a very old model 1934.
    They are both excellent firearms and are well crafted.
    If the newer models are anywhere as fine you have a couple of pistols that should last you a lifetime.
    Good choices in my opinion.
    good luck
  3. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

I like them. I used to hate them religiously. I had a lemon of one that I bought used (look great but highly abused and would not hit anything). I think the 92 is much better then the 96.
  4. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I have the 96, and it's a very well made gun, very relieable, but I'm not all that comfortable with it. Nothing wrong with the gun, I'm just not finding that chemistry with it like I do with revolvers.

I may be trading it in on either a S&W 686 4", or a Ruger GP-100 4".
  5. Bucky Bronco

Bucky Bronco New Member

I am an avid Beretta fan; I own an 92 Elite, a 96 Centurion, and a 92M--single stack. The Elite shoots wonderfully and feels great in my hand. The thing that distracts me a little is the greater than normal daylight between the barrel and slide. Not sure why I think that is, but if I fix my eye on the front sight I'm fine. I have requested of Beretta that they consider a conversion to the .45GAP. My .45 is a Kimber, Commander length that shoots superbly. I would choose the one with the steel not alloy slide if I had a second chance despite the weight. I think my ability to get back on target for a second shot more valuable that being comfortable while wearing the piece for long periods. On a final note: I was closely associated with a section of the Army Team evaluating the Beretta in the early 1980's. It met all requirements superbly. Although, Sig met and surpassed all requirements there was nothing the Sig could do that the Beretta couldn't in terms of function. I have been a fan ever since. Sig lost the military contract because they refused to build guns here in the US and they wanted too much for their magazines.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Well hello Bucky we met at the gun shop this past June good to see you on the forum again.
    watch the general forum for some of my give aways on Friday nites and dorp by the chat room so that you can meet the gang that hangs out in there . (just don' belive everything they say in there :) ;) )
    Ron
  7. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I have the Tomcat .32ACP in matte black. I love the pop up barrel and the ergonomics of it. Excellent choices on your part. Here is my Tomcat.
    [​IMG]