Beretta NANO 9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Jim Hauff, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Does anybody have any hands-on range time with the Beretta NANO sub-compact 9mm? I read a couple gun rag articles - standard platatudes therein - would like to hear some real world pros and cons.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Haven't hit the distributors as of yet IIRC.
  3. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

We are waiting.
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Makes a Glock look beautiful.
  5. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I examined one in Academy sports this past weekend. Very small and
    sleek. Servicable sights. No slide release/hold open lever. Price was
    $428. I passed, just not for me.
  6. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

The November issue of Guns&Ammo has a review-5.6" long, .9" wide- snag-free- this is Beretta's first striker-fired pistol by the way- easily-reversed mag release button- black nitride finish-6+1 capacity- they like the sights, white dot @ front & rear, they say easy to catch- NO EXTRNAL SLIDE CATCH, if that matters- will fire without the mag in it- but something he didn't like, is breaking it down beyond fieldstrip- said fieldstrip was no problem, or re-assembly, but you really need the manual to take it apart further. Good accuracy for short barrel (just over 3",) grip fit HIS hand well, said recoil wasn't bad, maybe less than you'd expect- and only other negative was no pinky-extension. I would think someone will make one later, wouldn't yall?
    Sorry if yall knew all this, thought I'd pass it along since I had it right here.
  7. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

2 of the regulars at the shop finally got theirs in. So far they both have been impressed with them
  8. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I got to hold one and check , but if it fits in my back pocket I'm gettin on e.
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Check this out --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnUYRF6E0js&feature=g-user
  10. patrol

patrol New Member

It seems like you are looking for a pocket or small concealable weapon also. I didn't like the trigger on the LC9 and I owned a Kelteck I hated. I'm also looking at the Nano and wan't to compare it beside a Sig P290 and a Kahr CM9...if the CM40 is the same size as any of those I might just go that way. I'm going today to look and I'll report back the results if they have a Nano.
  11. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Does BU9 on the side stand for butt ugly 9 ?
  12. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I've pre-ordered one. Hope it comes in right after the first of the year.
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

It's no uglier than the Glock. I need to check one of these out, I have always been kind of partial to Beretta's.
  14. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Still not much in the way of range experience out there. Gonna wait a bit. I like the Kahr line-up.
  15. rcsaxby

rcsaxby New Member

I would like to get the Kahr but its to expensive. I have been waiting for this gun (Nano) to come out for a while now. Now that its out I'm selling my Taurus TCP and my Glock 23 so I can put part of that money to buying the Nano. When I do get it, the gun will be my primary concealed carry combat self defense pistol. I also saw that Crossbread doesn't make a holster for it (If your not just putting it in your pocket) but Beretta does make one and it sells on their website. The holster is just like a Crossbread. It's like 65 dollars but their out of stock right now. When their back in stock I'm ordering it then buying the Nano (If I have the money by then). Just looks like a mini Glock to me. Something I wished Glock would have came out with now for a while but oh well Beretta is awesome to .
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012