Beretta Neos Recall

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by kingcuke, Sep 25, 2010.

1. kingcuke

kingcuke Member

Noticed a recall notice regarding the Neos at the gunshop yesterday. My buddy's pistol was effected. Here's the link to check yours.

"Beretta U.S.A. Corp. has discovered a potential condition with Beretta .22 caliber NEOS semiautomatic pistols in which the pistol will fire even if the safety is activated and, in some cases, the pistols may fire if the safety is moved from the OFF to the ON position. Chances of either of these situations occurring is extremely remote and no injuries have occurred because of this condition, however, because of safety concerns relating to this situation, Beretta U.S.A. Corp. is immediately implementing a recall of Beretta .22 caliber NEOS semiautomatic pistols. For more information, download a pdf copy of the Recall Notice."

http://www.berettasupport.com/neos/
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

sending mine back tomorrow. Just another American gun that does not work. Getting tired of buying American firearms just to have to return them on recalls or failures at the range.
  3. DrScooter

DrScooter New Member

Dang, checked my number and it had to go back too. Well, they sent me a number and UPS picked it up today.......think they will toss in a hate like Ruger did for the LCP?
  4. kingcuke

kingcuke Member

Probably not, my buddy sent his in turnaround was really quick but he didn't get any freebies. No harm in thinking positive though!
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

???

Pops
  6. Gopherhill

Gopherhill New Member

As of 1/30/2011 Beretta has had my Neos since 10/20/2010. Letters and phone calls generate some contact but no satisfaction. I don't think they know where my pistol is. One story they give is that a problem developed when test firing after the repair, now they are waiting to solve that issue, whatever it is. BUT, and this is important, no one seems to know for sure what the status is.
  7. Tigwelder

Tigwelder New Member

Sent mine on 12/1/2010 and got it back on 1/26/1011. No freebies. No message, no nothing other than gun.
  8. tech16024

tech16024 New Member

YEAH I just bought 1 at a show today just to find out I gotta ship it off and not see it for 6 weeks! thanks alot Beretta!!!
    If they don't give me a hat or something I will have bought my last Beretta