1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Berger Bullets

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by clepidus, Nov 27, 2012.

1. clepidus

clepidus Member

Has anybody tried any Berger Bullets? I just picked up a box of 6mm 95 grain VLD Hunting rounds to see how they shoot out of my wife's .243. I may have screwed up though as the data Berger sent me said use in a 1 in 10 twist and the package says 1 in 9 or better. Her Browning has a 1 in 10 twist.

Anyway it is a new work up I am starting so I will let you know how it goes.
  2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Never used them myself but I have a friend that loves em.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The only Berger that I have ever used was some 62 grain .224 that I loaded a few weeks ago for one of my ARs. I was having problems with 68 or 69 grain bullets tumbling in my 1/9 twist and the 62 grainers fixed the problem with that AR.

I can tell you this, I weigh a lot of bullets when I load (just for the heck of it) and I have found that those Berger bullets were the most consistent of any that I have ever messed with. Out of about 20-25 I weighed they were either 61.9 or 62 grains. I thought that was great. They will not be the last Berger's that I buy.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. zant

zant Active Member

I use 130gr VLD in 6.5x06 for long distance-ACCURATE...expensive..but quality always is:)
  5. acelungger

acelungger New Member

I have to agree with everything that has been said!GDmody I have never been happy shooting the 69gr. in a 1-9 twist, I am going to shoot some 77gr bullets if I ever get my 22-6mm done, it is a 1-8 twist.
    Greg