1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Berry's bullets

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by oldgunfan, Jan 8, 2011.

1. oldgunfan

oldgunfan Member

Has anyone tryed Berry's bullets, I have seen them on Graf & Son's and my local gun shop had some 45 (451) swaged copper plated 200grn HP's. A box of 250 were 30 bucks, they don't look to bad.:)
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I like berrys and rainier (pretty much the same thing). be sure to use lead data, and have fun
  3. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

Yes I used to shoot them all the time. When FMJ's started to be cheaper to buy I stopped buying Berry's.

Berry's actually recommends using jacketed data. This is from their web site.

4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

wheres the best deal on .40 caliber bullets? i've been looking at berrys... would prefer a jacketed bullet really
  5. oldgunfan

oldgunfan Member

Any suggestions on O.C.L? Was thinking of trying 6.0grns of Win231 or 5.0grns of titegroup and CCI LPP.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  6. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

John I have been shooting a lot of Zero bullets. I bought mine from Powder Valley but you can also buy them from http://rozedist.com/. I think they are very good bullets and have no complaints.
  7. RandyP

RandyP Member

All I load are plated bullets (local indoor range prohibits bare lead). Never had a problem with Berry's or Ranier's product.
  8. garydude

garydude Member

Attached Files:

9. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

+1 to RandyP.

I buy Berry's direct from their website. I'm a revolver man, and Berry's sells the .32 Long and .41 Mag. plated bullets that I like. I load them at 850 fps for indoor shooting in the winter. Accurate, and never any leading.
  10. oldgunfan

oldgunfan Member

Thanks Garydude, I was looking a xtp bullet thinking the samething when I read your post lol, I'll try 1.230
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Berry's are great bullets, I usually go with Rainier, just because of where they're made and just slightly lower cost. I don't hesitate one second to recommend Berry's though.
  12. dsv424

dsv424 New Member

I have been using Berry bullets for about 3 years now in .380 ACP, .38 Super, 9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm, 44 Mag, and 45 ACP. I normally use low end FMJ recipes from Hornady, Sierra, Speer, and Lee manuals with no problems at all.
  13. mgatc

mgatc New Member

dsv, what velocities are you turning out in the .40?
  14. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

seems like a heck of a deal. what kind of accuracy do you get? how uniform do they seem to be? and... what have you been shooting them in? what calibers i mean
  15. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I shoot a lot of Zero brand bullets in my 45acp,10mm, 40 S&W and 9mm. They are excellent bullets and accuracy is excellent as well. I have given up on plated bullets due to the high cost and only so-so accuracy. My Zero and Montana Gold loads out shoot my plated bullets by quite a large margin.

What's not to like? Cheaper, use real jacketed load data and better accuracy. The only draw back is availability. They can be out of stock from time to time. I did find another source the other day.
    http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Bullets-C525.aspx

10mm/25 yards/180gr Zero JHP/EAA Elite Match/15 rounds.
    [​IMG]