Berry's Plated Hollow Point bullet

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by armoredman, Oct 4, 2011.

1. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I was perusing my load data for this nifty Berry's 124 grain PHP for my 9mm pistols, and I realized I had skipped one COAL to try, going from 1.04, 1.03 to 1.01. Now 1.01 worked just fine in my CZ SP-01 Phantom, but what about that missed step... Heavens to Betsy, that ain't allowed! So I loaded 50 at an average COAL of 1.02, and with a bunch of other loads, trooped off to the range today. The doctor can't argue; to me there is very little as restful as shooting! ::)
    To make a long story short, the Berry's loads functioned perfectly, with good results,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This load shall be reproduced, good stuff!
  2. garydude

garydude Member

Nicely done Armoredman. It's fun when everything falls in place. Thanks for the range report and I'll be looking for more from you.

Remember it's therapy. It may not be cheaper than prozac, but it's sure more fun and probably much more effective.
  3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I've always been happy with the Berrys® plated bullets. They perform wonderful as long as I do my part correctly. I just wish they could get the price tag back down to match the 9.99 box I have on the shelf :).
  4. armoredman

armoredman New Member

No prozac needed, Gary, was in the ER for a suspected "cardiac event" last Friday. No issues now. :)
    I like Berry's bullets, too - their new .311 125 grain plated for the 7.62x39mm is very cool, indeed.
  5. garydude

garydude Member

Yikes Man; glad you are okay. Nothin will give you a heart attack faster than chest pains:):):)

Be safe friend and eat lots of fish! Good for the ticker.
  6. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Fish....yuck, gonna have barbecued chicken and baked potato tonight with side of corn. If I am gonna die, it won't be with with mackerel breath! :D
    Taking my meds, too...