Bersa .380, Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BigD16, Aug 4, 2012.

1. BigD16

BigD16 New Member

I was browsing Craigslists Barter section and came across an ad with a bunch of stuff up for trade, one of the items which read "Home and self defense". I emailed the guy and asked what he had. He wrote me back and said he had a Bersa .380. He is asking $280 for it. He said it has some "cosmetic spots" on the slide but there was no pitting or mechanical issues with the gun. He told me the .380 was completely blued and included with the gun would be the original box it came in, 100 rounds, and a camo soft case. Does this sound like a good deal? I am currently waiting for him to send pictures.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

I paid about $280 for my Bursa, new. It came in a box, with a lock-out key and one magazine. Make sure that key comes with it. The extras will compensate you for the price difference of used.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

It is fair, but by no means a screaming deal. Do you know what brand of ammo? The Bersa is a good shooting gun, I think $240 is more the range I would offer.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

You offer $240 and I bet you get it...Cosmetic spots could mean anything...
  5. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

^^^What they said^^^
  6. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

No...not a good buy....but a dam-fine gun......
    Bud's sells them all day long, NEW, for that price.
    The 100 rounds and the camo case, used gun that you
    know nothing about [or the seller],....
    Me, I wouldn't do it.
  7. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

yep.. good gun.. my buddy has one.. I have a sig p230.. very similar looking gun. we both like either of them..
  8. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

The Bersa .380 is an excellent pistol. I own two of them: Nickel and all black.

You can pick up a brand new Bersa .380 for $299 all day long, and for $280 if you shop around. If the cosmetic spots are not rust spots, and if they are not too severe, then I would pay no more than $230 - $240 for that gun.