The Firearms Forum banner

Bersa 380CC... Anyone had their hands on one?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  buffalo jump 
#1 ·
I saw this gun after complaining on here about the size of the Thunder 380 (non Plus)... The CC looks to be a bit thinner, carries one more round, and is more snag-resistant... Has anyone shot one or handled one yet?

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa380cc.php

#2 ·
Oh yeah, I found the specs for the dimensions...

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/main_specs.php

Thunder 380 Concealed Carry Model D.A./8 Shot

CALIBER: .380 ACP
OPERATION: Semi-Automatic
ACTION: Double Action
OVERALL LENGTH: 6"
HEIGHT: 4.54"
WIDTH: 1.05"
BARREL LENGTH: 3.2"
WEIGHT: 16.4 oz without magazine

Compared to the original Thunder 380 below...

Thunder 380 .380 D.A./7 Shot

CALIBER: .380 ACP
OPERATION: Semi-Automatic
ACTION: Double Action
OVERALL LENGTH: 6 5/8"
HEIGHT: 4 3/4"
WIDTH: 1 7/16"
BARREL LENGTH: 3 1/2"
WEIGHT: 23 oz

The weight advantage, and smaller dimensions look very promising...

#3 ·
Sorry no one has gotten back to you yet Pony. The Bersa's are probably one of the most popular selling guns at the shop. And I haven't seen one come back with problems yet. It isn't the smallest 380 by far. But it is probably one of the smallest 380's with a hammer and safety. I have shot them and they shoot good. I generally don't like the feel of the blowback operated guns but the Bersa are a good choice.
Just my .02

#4 ·
I have the Thunder 380, and I like it for reliability... That's about it. It's HUGE compared to the Keltec or even a S&W J-frame. The CC is a lot smaller than the normal Thunder 380 that I have. I was really curious if the reliability of the CC is similar to that of the regular Thunder .380 since it's a big decrease in size. I noticed that the CC is nearly identical in size to the Keltec PF9 as well.

#8 ·
Never shot one, but was impressed with it when I got to handle one in a shop. I particularly liked the snag-free controls and sights. Seems to be a lot of gun for the money. If money wasn't so scarce, I'd probably own one.

#11 · (Edited)
Shoot a S&W .38 Airweight with Gold Dot +Ps and factory grips... That hurts...

Shoot a KelTec P3AT with Corbon JHPs... THAT doesn't hurt so much while you're doing it, but your trigger finger will be sore for a couple of days due to the hit it took off the trigger guard during recoil.

The recoil from the regular Bersa .380 is VERY manageable to me, even with hot loads. But hey, that's one guy's opinion...

I somewhat HATE the flinch caused by the massive recoil of my Taurus PT145 with 230 Gr. rounds.. I need to shoot it more to get away from that BS...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.