Bersa Thunder .380 and Rossi

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by phlmorgan, Jul 24, 2006.

1. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

Thinking about picking up one of the Bersa Thunders for a little fun shootin. Also nice size for a conceal gun. Any comments on these? I have read some reviews that they are pretty good little guns as long as you dont shoot the heck out them.

Also been looking for a .357 and Rossi has a nice looking one brand new for around $320. I can also pick up a used S & W for around $350, but wanted to find out about the Rossi. Is it worth the money?
  2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Personally, I'd go with the Smith for a few bucks more. The Rossi is okay but nothing special. Any other accessories (grips, springs) will be harder to find although not impossible. Not sure what model Smith you're looking at, but the Rossi uses coil springs while MOST S&W uses flat springs. The coil springs won't have as smooth a trigger pull as the flat springs.

Everything I've heard about the Bersa has been fine. I've looked at the new .45 a few times myself. Went with a Ruger P345 instead, though.

EW
  3. slow944

slow944 New Member

Had a T380 and traded it for a TFS9mm. Little larger format but same great Bersa engineering. Plus I like the 17+1. Bought mine used for $275. with night sights and Pachy's on it. Much easier to take down and reassemble than the T380. But both are great guns. Also looking at the T45.:D
  4. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

I don't have much personal experience with the Bersas, but Rossi guns are good guns, but for the price difference, I would buy the Smith.
    Bill
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  5. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

I just purchased the Bersa Thunder 380 duo tone. Took to the range and was really suprised at how well this little gun performed.

Very accurate and no problems what so ever. Shot about 50 rounds through it on the first go round. My accuracy seems to ebb and flow after shooting my .45 then back to my Ruger P89, but had no trouble when using the .380 after shooting the .45.

To early to tell yet but excellent little gun so far.

I have decided on finding a good used Smith .357 instead of getting the Rossi.

thanks for all input. :D
  6. lead

lead Active Member

You've made some good choices. You'll find the S&W is a much better gun then the Rossi.
    I bought a Bersa Thunder .380 for my wife about a year and a half ago. We've never had a problem with it. She enjoys going to the farm with her uncles, who consider themselves "outdoorsmen", and out shooting them with her little Bersa.
    Good luck.
  7. denfoote

denfoote New Member

From what I've heard, Bersa's are nice little guns.
    I have to many 9mm kurz guns to explain to my wife why I should invest in another, otherwise, I'd have one!!
    The Rossi is now made by Taurus. You can take that for what it's worth in the spirit which it was given.
  8. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

They are good guns
  9. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and love that little handgun. 1,000 rounds and no problems.:)
  10. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

Finally picked up a very nice used Smith & Wesson Model 586 stainless w/ 4" Barrel. Probably paid a little to much for it 399.00 but it is in prestine shape.

Took it out to the range and put about a hundered rounds through it, in both 38 and 357. Wow, what a difference in power between the two rounds.

Will take a little getting used to for accuracy, have not shot a wheel gun very much.

The little Bersa Thunder 380 is performing spectacular. Excellent accuracy and not a hint of a problem even using cheap ammo.
  11. kings

kings New Member

over 1000 rounds through mine as well and no problems. great little gun for any price