Bersa Thunder .380

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Teejay9, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    A while back i began to realize that I had moved from strapping, middle-aged man, to the "target, prayed upon group. " I went and bought a Besa Thunder .380.
    It's a nice gun so far as I can see. I put some really nice Hungarian Black stained Walnut grips that add a tad more weight and improved my grip. My question for you gun knowledgable gun owners is: What are your opinions on this gun. I like how the cartridge has almost a straight ride right into the chamber, so no jambs.
    It was realitively inexpensive and I liked th two-toned black over satin finished nickel. What do you all think? TJ
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have sold several of these guns and I get alot of positive reviews. Good little gun for the money. You can get some decent defense loads too.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I never see them in the shop- which is a good thing. Only problems that I ever get is feed issues but 99.99% of the time, its the shooter, not the gun.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think it's great. Less expensive than a Walther PPK/S.
  5. savage170

savage170 Member

I have one that has been shot alot and like the energizer bunny it keeps going and going. Imho one of best deals out there
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

While I don't think they're spectacular looking guns; I've shot at least 4 different model Bersas and have never had a problem out of any of them. Grip and handling was good. Price was great IMO for what you get. I know the 9mm has had countless rounds through it and no failures of components. Springs have been replaced, but that is normal. I'll have to ask my friend when he bought his, but I'm thinking around the mid 90's or so.
  7. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

My wife has one and we both love it. It shoots great for a small, very reasonably priced handgun. It is also loaded with Corbon DPX, which will get the job done if placed correctly.
  8. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

I like mine. It was the first gun I ever bought, not having a lot of money to spend. Very compact. Shoots nice, easy natural point of aim. I use winchester silvertip hollow points for defense rounds. I don't carry it anymore, haven't for a lot of years, but I would again if I really needed to. It now resides in my office safe as a backup to whatever I may be carrying that day.

I'll never sell it.
  9. group17

group17 New Member

Great smaller sized gun that has been totally reliable. I really like you get a DA/SA trigger instead of the typical mouse gun DAO. Real easy to shoot accurately. Mags are a little costly for a single stack.
  10. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

They are nice little guns for the money.My youngest brother has one.When I shot it, I didn't feel like it was cheap.It felt like a quality made gun.The only draw back I could see is that the 380 ammo cost so much more than the 9mm.Enjoy your gun!Any new gun is fun.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  11. north tex

north tex Member

It's a great gun. I still have one and it has never had a malfunction. Was my carry gun til I found a 9mm in a smaller lighter package that fit into the same holster. The Bersa is now my back up.
  12. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Good reports. Glad to know I didn't get a loser. Thanks for all your input. It was this the Beretta 84, or aS&W ppk/s. It felt better than the, I think, bulky for concealment Beretta, and I've heard a lot of unpleasant reports on the "new" PPK/s, so I opted for the nice loking Bersa, Glad I did. TJ
  13. AmmoForSale.com

AmmoForSale.com New Member

I've been meaning to pick one up for a couple years but haven't gotten around to it. The few that I've shot were reliable. I would like to get a 380 that is actually enjoyable to shoot. I've shot my LCP enough that I would like to get something a little more accurate.

The Duke New Member

I sold a good many of these in the range ProShop...Only complaint I ever got was they had a tendency to hammer bite with big hands..I like them...Good bang for the buck and all steel...
  15. north tex

north tex Member

My Bersa has never given me a hammer bite. I tried a PPK a few years back and it left me bleeding.
  16. luvthegun

luvthegun New Member

Echo,,, Bersa's are good guns. My wife has the 380 and she loves it. Very reliable! I carry the Bersa Thunder 9UC Pro. This is also a very good gun. You have to watch what you clean the duo tone with. Copper solvents can ruin the nickel finish.
  17. shooter57

shooter57 New Member

I Think you made a good choice,never had a problem with mine. Lot of info on Bersachat.com
  18. Mouton

Mouton New Member

My response is a ditto for those who have spoken above. I own two of these jewels in 380 cal, one with target sights and one with concealed carry sights. I have NEVER had an FTF. The CC model is a great pocket gun IMO. I also have the untra compact 40 cal Bersa...a tad bigger and heavier than the HI cap Glocks and Springfields but again a nice firearm. On the 380s one must be careful ensuring they have the proper rounds for defense. I have been using the Cor Bon 90s.

Enjoy
  19. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Good gun, I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 IWB loaded with Corbon Pwrball ammo and trust it completely. Accurate, dependable and has a decent trigger. You made a good choice.