The Firearms Forum banner

Bersa Thunder 9 (9mm)

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  3/2 STA SS 
#1 ·
Anyone have one of these or have fired one? I am going to aquire my step dads due to his poor health and such and it fit nice in the hand. Kinda looked a "hi power clone" and was in 9mm.

#3 ·
I just bought one (13 rd version) a short time ago. It is well built, a great shooter and very accurate. Only negative is the magazines have extremely heavy springs and are hard to load. I recommend a mag loader.

#5 · (Edited)
I've had several Bersa's and have loved them all. I would be proud to have it. I've never had a problem with any them.

#7 · (Edited)
I don't have the Thunder 9, but I do have the Firestorm in 9mm. I am going to guess they are pretty much the same gun (don't know for sure though). I traded for it only a few weeks ago and have only put about 100 rounds through it. I put 115 grain RN ammo, 115 gr silvertip HP, and some 147 gr HP and RN. It shot all of it without any problems. Here is three magazines at 15 yards worth of different ammo:

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Per Hammerslagger's post, I think the Bersa Thunder 9 is a copy of a Walther pistol called the P-88. The P-88 was a perfectly good pistol, but it was not a success because it was too expensive. IIRC, Walther underwent some kind of reorganization, and replaced the P-88 with something that cost less to make. IDK if Bersa licensed the design, or was just able to copy it because of a lack of patented features.

gmoody, a quick Google search will turn up numerous pictures of the Thunder 9. Remember to add the 9 - the Bersa Thunder 380 is a completely different pistol, based, as Hammerslagger says, on the Walther PP.

#15 ·
It is kinda a cross between the SIG and the Walther P-88. Ambi controls for slide release and safety. 15 Round mag. Wrap around plastic grips. The newer models have the accessory rail this one has a 3 digit serial # and I am impressed by it.

#16 ·
3/2, can you throw up a picture of the Thunder 9. It must not be what I am thinking it is. I cannot wrap my mind around an M9 magazine fitting a Bersa pistol!
Both the magazines (Bersa/M9) are the same(height, width ,grip angle,etc...) except the M9 (Beretta 15 rounder) has a bit more metal on the top lip portion of the magazine and the cut out for the magazine release is different. Nothing my Dremmel can't handle.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.