Best 22 Semi auto

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by gerard488, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Yeah, I know. Sorry dude!

That helps a lot tho. Doing this kind of work makes me nervous... Just like everything else Ive never done before! Hahaha! I'll get more confidence as I get to see, and hear more. The JB Weld... Thats awesome! I use the stuff for almost everything... This, and a roll of duct tape. And you could hold the world together if it split at the seams!!! I fugured I should just take it down, and completely screw myself out of shooting it... Build it and tweak it proper, then have the best range day, EVER! Ha!
    Thanks again for the info man. Appreciate it a whole lot! Thats as nice of a 10/22 as you can build, and Id like mine to be close to the same quality as yours, overall. Should be a fun venture!
  2. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Big Shrek,said it all,nuff said!:)
  3. Pustic

Pustic Member

The Remington 10c Mohawk

Attached Files:

4. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    I'm NOW looking @ NEW Goodies for My Toy Plinker Mod 60
    A Quick Question tho My last shot hold open Dont work.
    Any ideas why?
    LOL My wifes ALLREADY Beaching cause she see's me looking @ stuff for my Mod 60:D
  5. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Hey Cap, the cartridge lifter spring also lifts the hold open lever. If you remove the two break down screws and drop the stock you can see the lifter and spring function from underneeth while sliding the bolt back and forth. You'll see the spring sticks past the lifter underneeth the hold open lever, but doesn't touch the hold open lever until the lifter has no more rounds and thus rises higher also reaching and lifting the hold open lever as well.
    When the hold open lever is engaged it is simply hooking the front of the bolt at the bottom right corner. You can actualy see it when it's engaged looking down through the ejector door with a flashlight.
    Does it engage when you pull back the bolt manualy? If it works that way then try pulling the bolt all the way back and letting go a few times, seeing if it still works.
    If it's not working anytime at all, it's either not being lifted all the way or there is wear damage at point of catch.
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Here's how it looks outside the gun. That little bend on the upper right is what catches the bottom right corner of the bolt.
    I bought a mod 60 that needed parts and I left this lever out because the stud is worn and loose and the trigger guard I used isn't notched for it either, so it just functions old style before the hold open feature till I find a deal on a trigger guard and lever.

Attached Files:

7. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    Fuze I have never tore it down compleatly yet but I have saved Everything I have seen on doing it tho :thumbsup:
    When I do & if I have a Problem I'll hit ya up TYVM 4 the INFO BUD!!:D

As far as the Bolt charging it will hold open if I pull & push in a tiny bit,
    So I bet your right it must be tweeked alittle.
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

That may be the manual hold open. The charging handle has a little knob on the opposite end that fits into a little hole on the left side wall of the receiver and thats how it's used (just a little push). It's pulled back most of the way at that point but the "last shot hold open" only holds the bolt about half way back.
    The mechanism separates from the receiver as a unit so it's all super easy until you have to disect the mechanism itself to replace a spring or something. Some people recommend taking a picture of it first for later reference if it needs total break down. Worst thing about it not working is dry firing the gun when it's empty.
  9. jrinfoley

jrinfoley New Member

Although I have two highly modified 10/22 rifles that shoot flawlessly, for out of the box, the Marlin 60 gets my vote. Accurate and perfect functioning with no tweeking.

Mine after a few modifications.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And before the Boyds stock but with the Williams Firesights.

[​IMG]
  10. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

Load that Mod. 60 just two times with CCI Velocitors or Aguila Interceptors, and see if you still have a Mod. 60... I didn't build my 10/.22's to look at. Rifles are for shooting.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  11. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Great thumbhole stock!!
  12. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

I have a 10/22 I bought USED about 15 years and 5000 or so rounds ago, and it actually IS accurate, out of the box, feeds damned near anything, and is a pleasure to shoot. If it were a Mini14, I would tell you its about as accurate as a broken sling shot, but the 10/22's Ive fired are ALL pretty darned accurate. Love em. Just my 2 cents.
  13. Wahoo69

Wahoo69 New Member

I have a 10/22 and it is very easy to modify yourself for very little money. My favorite is the Weatherby 22 auto as it fits an adult and is accurate out of the box.
  14. bobv

bobv New Member

My choice is the T/C R-55 Benchmark, it wears a Weaver T36 and loves SK Standard Plus ammo
    Bob
    [​IMG]
  15. Jaxshooter

Jaxshooter New Member

The Ruger 10/22 is hard to beat as far as reliability and the almost unlimited aftermarket parts. The can be built into almost an confirguration imaginable from ARs to tactical models and everything in between. It is also one of the if not the most economical base guns to start with. Nordic Components makes an all metal AR chassis that is very reasonably priced and weighs close to a standard AR-15 if you want a gun for practice that is cheap to shoot.