Best brand for Reloading Equipment

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by El Diablo, Jan 21, 2011.

?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2011.
  1. Hornady

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Lee

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Lyman

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. RCBS

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. El Diablo

El Diablo New Member

2. Lee C.

Lee C. New Member

I didn't vote because 80% of my reloading equipment is from Forster. But i do use a few thing from RCBS and Hornady also. But Forster equipment works best for me.
  3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i voted hornady. i dont have anything from them. but from all the research i've done they seem to be the best of the choices given. although lyman and rcbs are excellent as well. lee, not as much i think
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I wasn't going to vote due to the lack of adequate choices, but possibly the OP is just asking for what is the best out of the choices that may fit his budget, so out of the bunch, I'd stay with RCBS due to their customer service, but with Hornady a close 2nd. If "most" people had an unlimited budget, without much doubt in my mind, they'd be reloading on Blue though. Since we're all not loaded in the wallet, we've got to make decisions that are cost effective. There are some out there that are convinced that they'd still load on less expensive equipment, but I am certain that I would have a room full of Dillons.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. gary0529

gary0529 Member

Not enough choices.
    All of the above are fine.
    Customer service with RCBS and Hornady (for me, at least) are exemplary-it is what other companies should strive for.
    As to the question of "Best", however, you have left out Forster, Sinclair and others not yet in my mind due to a coffee deficiency as it is early and brain not fully engaged.

If you are trying to figure out what company to spend your money on, they are all great choices.

Gary
  6. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

I didn't vote either. The question is too vague.

My favorite presses are:
    1. Hollywood
    2, CH
    3. Dillon

My favorite dies:
    Hornady

Powder Measure:
    B&M
  7. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

I did not vote. Where is Dillon?? What about Forester??

RC
  8. DBMJR1

DBMJR1 New Member

I started with the Lee 50th Anniversary Challenger Kit.

I quickly replaced the powder measure, with an RCBS.

I then replaced the scale with a Lyman M-5.

Then I bought an RCBS single stage press, cause everyone said they're so much better.

Wrong. My RCBS press is mounted off to the side, and relegated to sizing cast bullets only. I love my Lee Challenger Press. It de-primes without a spent primer on the floor, and primes cases fast, and quickly. It is tight, without play or wobble, and strong enough for any cartridge. The stroke is smooth.

I know someone here is going to say all Lee products are cheap, but anyone getting into reloading, on a budget, should seriously consider the Challenger press.

BTW: All of my dies are either RCBS carbide, or Lyman.
  9. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

As others have stated, the question is to vague so I didn't vote euther. My bench has a rainbow of colors on it for different reasonsm You should never drink just one persons kool-aid, taste them all or you could miss out on something good. JMO.
  10. RandyP

RandyP Member

For me anyway the 'best' reloading equipment is that which fits my needs and budget and makes safe, reliable and accurate ammunition. In other words they are all good at what they do and the need they fill from the $30 Lee Whack-a-mole Loader to the 6 figure Dillon super ammo factory with bells and whistles galore.

I didn't vote either since I'd only be voting on what was 'best' for me, not anyone else.
  11. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Didn't vote either 'cause,

I use equipment from all of the above plus Dillon, CH and Herter's and like them all.

Talking presses? I have Lee, RCBS and Dillon that I currently use. It all depends on the job as to which one gets used. Out of the two single stage models, RCBS gets the nod as being the better one in my loading room.
  12. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

A Lyman turret press and a Dillon 550B cover all the reloading I have to do.
  13. El Diablo

El Diablo New Member

Lets vote for these options, then will place a new poll with others options and the winner of this poll
  14. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

I didn't vote because my answer would be different depending on the type of press, single stage, turret or progressive.
  15. El Diablo

El Diablo New Member

Lets vote for single stage