Best Buy?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by tspeck007, Jan 28, 2006.

1. tspeck007

tspeck007 New Member

I'm looking at getting a 1911.

What's a couple of brands/models that are the most bang for the buck. In other words what brands/models provide great quality at a great price?

Thanks.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Kimber and Springfield Armory are two of the top bang for the buck.
  3. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Kimber!

Attached Files:

4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I think Kimber is one of the best you can get. I would put my Gold Combat against a Wilson CQB or a gun that he's worked on quite a bit(Actually outperformed them last time I shot with my uncle.) and it's quite a bit cheaper.
  5. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

I just got a Springfield G.I. Champion. Its a no frills 1911. Shoots good for about $450 out the door.

I did, however replace the MIM Extractor with a Wilson Combat Bulletproof Extractor right off the bat. I have had issues with the Springfield Extractors in the past. Figured I'd nip it in the bud.
  6. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

"Most bang for the buck"? Norinco at $250-$375. All parts interchange with Colt, reliable and accurate.

Attached Files:

7. flopshot

flopshot New Member

shutze ... did you know the chinese were bootleggin' elevens ? are they stampin out glocks yet ? i'd like to pick up a dozen more. :D
  8. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 New Member

9. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

blackhawkkid223

Do you want to sell the top one ???????????????????????
  10. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Simple bang-bang is the Springfield. I don't own one now; got too many really good deals on actual Colt pistols. Springfield is mid-range in price and doesn't need a complete overhaul to be a competent firearm. With a deep pocket you can get into Kimber; they really are the top in 1911 type firearms.

I own one of the terribly overpriced series 80 stainless Officer Colt. Really nice but not the price. I rebuilt a pre-70 commander model and it's pretty decent too. Had a Springfield a while back and it cut the mustard. Isn't the greatest ever; but it gets there and does the job and didn't clean out my pockets on the way. Had an AMT also; those take an incredible ammount of work to get them to be dead on; out of the box they are a bit chunky.

Just don't forget that if you go stainless; lithium grease is your best friend. Still don't trust the new stainless with oil lubrication and the old stuff will gall up if you don't use lithium on the slides.
  11. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

First find an elderly man with more money then he could ever spend then buy his unfired still in the plastic wrapper Smith & Wesson 945 for a little less then half of the wholesale cost. :D Next go home and change your pants because they will be soiled :eek: Then spend a few weeks just looking at how pretty a pistol it is. :D and when you do take it to the range and shoot it You Will Jump For Joy.
    But for the money a Springfield can't be beat honestly.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2006