Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sellier & Bellot

Votes: 0 0.0%

best cheap 45ACP target ammo???

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  carver 
#1 ·
i'd like feedback to judge everyone's opinion, thanks

#4 ·
I voted for another brand, "Home Made". That's the one I like best! I have never shot the wolf, for the same reason as stated above. Sellier & Bellot ain't too bad, but Winchester is cleaner.

#6 ·
I'd say the best inexpensive ammo is whatever costs the least? For plinking and practice any of the brands mentioned work quite well when I use store-bought.

#7 ·
buy reloaded ammo..soon to be reloading my own..even cheaper!!

#8 ·
I voted for Winchester. Walmart sells it cheap and I've bought PLENTY of it over the past 2years. Now I have PLENTY of brass to reload!

I've got to add, S&B is what I shot to break-in my TRP 1911 since that was the only ammo available during the ammo "crisis". Never had a problem with it and that 1911 is very picky with ammo too.

#9 ·
WoolleyBooms are my fav, but if I have to buy some, I'll look for Magtech. I've had very good success and value from them. There are times when factory ammo is good to have around; when I take the kids out, they shoot the factory ammo unless they've had a part in the reloads. If anyone else want to try out my guns, as happens while at the range, it's loaded up with factory ammo only.

#10 · (Edited)
i too prefer magtech for store bought.

and thats good practice woolleyworm, not to pass out your hard made ammo for others to plink with. and not to let others put their "questionable" ammo through your guns.

#12 · (Edited)
The last time I shot PMC I kept getting jams form it. Wipe out the gun, and run some more. Man that stuff is dirty! The range where I was taking a course prohibited the use of reloads, so I bought what they had on the shelf for cheap. My mistake. I do believe I had more jams that day than anyone else. I was some what surprised at the first, and second jams, my gun had never jammed before, and hasn't since!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.