Best/Cheapest ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Gail of Maine, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Gail of Maine

Gail of Maine New Member

I just bought an RIA MilSpec M1911A .45acp and wondered where to buy the best cheap ammo for it. I've been looking at the Georgia Arms bulk and wonder how that is. I am an older-new shooter (I haven't shot in 40 yrs) and need lots of practice. Took the CCL course and liked the Kimber 45 but this one is bigger & heavier and I'm not sure if I will like it or if it will just take lots of practice to get used to it. Thanks:)
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

3. skullfr

skullfr New Member

economically wise just shop on line and buy in bulk to get the best deals.Look at Cheaper than Dirt,J&G Sales,Northwest Shooter Supplies and others and compare.The RIA is a very good piece.Enjy it.
  4. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Member

I have shot Georgia Arms in the past with no issues.
  5. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

6. Goody

Goody Member

I would recommend you stay away from the steel case stuff from Russia and others. This stuff runs fine in AK's and SKS's and such, but really have not found it very reliable in any pistols. The price makes it seem atractive, but I will not buy anymore of it.
  7. Gail of Maine

Gail of Maine New Member

Georgia Arms has a free shipping thing going on so I guess I will go there.

Thanks everyone...:D
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Winchester white box (100rds) at Walmart is the cheapest ammo I have found, excluding some of the deals found online, and it's reloadable.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I like Cheaper than Dirt also and have found some of the better less expensive deals on PMC ammo. It's always performed well for me. Blazer is certainly cheap and while it may work OK, after using it in a revolver once, I avoid it. The stuff seems to expand in the chambers making ejection less than smooth.

Edit: Just Checked Cheaper Than Dirt's price on Armscor (same company that makes your pistol) ammo and it's about as inexpensive as it gets. 50 rd box of 230 gr FMJ for $16.59. Of course your have to add shipping when comparing to what you can find locally.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-5110
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  10. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

Whatever you get, always consider the shipping. I just got some ammo from Cabela's and they have a flat $5 shipping on any order over $150. My wife gets a lot of stuff online and sometimes the better price comes down to the shipping.
  11. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

If your on a budget just buy a box every week or two and stock up. It'll be better to do that then running Tula ammo through a kimber