Best Defense in Gang Land

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. jcinlargo

jcinlargo New Member

Any quality hi-cap 9mm with the usual 2 mags in reserve holds roughly a BOX OF AMMO! Think about it.....50 rounds....if that isn't enough......

"Jack!? Time out!! I brought the wrong ammo!"
    Robin Williams in THE SURVIVORS

:)
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  2. CapBlaster51

CapBlaster51 New Member

Best defense is be polite to people. I walk through all kinds of hoods known for gangs and whatever. All the people I know of being robbed in the ghetto know the person that robbed them. Most criminals looking for money are not going to be hanging out in a poor area. They ussualy look for people around bars, clubs and parking lots where people bring lots of money to spend. Most people that get robbed don't have the attacker walk right up to them. Ussualy you get a knife to the throat from behind as hands pat you down for valuables and a gun is going to be hard to shoot let alone grab in this situation. Most likely if your gonna get robbed on the street by yourself your'e gonna get robbed. A gun, bomb or even a laser cannon ain't gonna save you. Look at the odds of even being robbed and you'll most likely take a gun to the beach for sharks if your still worried. If you come into my area with a bad look on your face you'll probably get messed with and there are no gangs here and its not a poor side of town at all. As a matter of fact your more likely to be attacked by white racist highschool kids with bats and hockey sticks than anything else.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

:D .... awww, nevermind.
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

5. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

1 Missouri IS a conceal carry state and has been for 2 years.
    2. Black racist have murdered entire squads of police officers 4 times in the last 5 years.
    3. NIJ ( National Institute of Justice) stats of 1999 states that blacks commit crimes against whites 870 to 1.

That said if you find your self in that situation in ANY indigent (poor) neighborhood, first I would stay in my vehicle, use my cell to call for a tow truck. It they won't come out, you will most probably be able to walk out with nothing more that some names being thrown at you. (stick and stones)
  6. daxmanio

daxmanio New Member

that is true...those chemicals make perps impervious of your nightstick or the bullet holes in his body
  7. happygunner

happygunner New Member

Around my little town we know what part of the town the gangs are active in and the smart ones of us stay far away from that part of town.
    But the problem is that part of town is getting to be all parts of our town.
    So if you can get a permit you carry when home you carry and have a nice shotgun close by.
    But you still know where it is thats not a real good idea to be and if you have to go there when the time is best for not getting yourself hurt in a shootout you had nothing to do with or car jacked just driving through.
  8. obxned

obxned New Member

If you knew what the area was like, why would you ever go there under ANY circumstances? And if you were traveling in unfamiliar territory, why weren't you prepared? While a tire iron or ax handle might be better than nothing, the BG's most likely would have firearms.
  9. hosscartleft

hosscartleft New Member

Mongo, there is nothing racist about this thread. Everything stated here is fact. Bad neighborhoods are dangerous. Nobody is picking out a certain race or color in their stories. That just happened the dirtbags color in that situation. You see, my .38's dont care what color you are when my life is threatened. I worked in Brooklyn,NY for many years. When you walked around you better be aware of your surroundings at all times. Even when you are alert it seems that they pop up out of nowhere looking for trouble. ITS A FACT OF LIFE. Get over it.;)
  10. NY_GUNFIGHTER

NY_GUNFIGHTER New Member

Wanna know a secret? Here it is: 97% of the people in the world, bad neighborhood or not, just want to live their life. It's the bad 3% you have to watch out for. If you do happen you have a run-in with gang-bangers or social degenerates or whatever the term is these days, be amiable or try non-violent tactics (the cell phone in the gas station story was an excellent example) until your life is in danger, then strike viciously andwithout mercy until the treat is neutralized. Being a 'gun guy' you (hopefully) have more firearms training than the folks you'd be up against. That's an advantage. Once the situation escalates, you must produce a weapon and shoot to stop. there's no warning shots, no TV crap. You are fighting for your life. Remember "Be polite and courteous, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Use your head and you'll be safe
  11. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

Yes, I find crackhead gang-banger morons racist too.
    My silvertips don't care one way or another though.
  12. Recon 173

Recon 173 Member

You have GOT to get the gangbangers' attention. Once they know that you're NOT kidding and that somebody, like them, could get hurt or killed they'll go away. Might I suggest a decent caliber pistol, say a Glock 17 with a 20 round magazine or a Scherer 33 round magazine with a laser grip? If you put that laser dot on one of their light colored shirts, that guy will get the message and you probably will NOT need to actually fire a shot. Most of the bangers know what that laser means: a painful no miss shot is about to be delivered. The psycology of an engagement can be as important as the actual fight and even more effective. Also remember to use Hydra-Shok ammo in your pistol. Silvertips are the most worthless piece of garbage ever designed. Those bullets nearly got a buddy of mine killed!!! I will NEVER, NEVER carry any Silvertip ammo because of what I actually witnessed with that lousy stuff.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  13. piperpilot1

piperpilot1 New Member

14. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Flamethrowers are good. Make crispy critters out of a couple of them and the rest will call you "Sir" when they see you.
  15. Righteous

Righteous New Member

I ride harleys and sooner or later the muthers gonna leave ya stranded , I take alot of short cuts thru bad parts of town and it happen one night with out a cell to boot, was alot of punks on the corner half drunk and high on who knows what all watching me.I got off the bike and pushed it to the side of the road.... screw it I got insurence...started to walk back to the bar couple miles down the road, as I started walking I pulled out my XD 40 and popped the clip out and looked at it knowning they were watching, I slammed the clip back in and put the pistol back in my waist band and walked passed them with a waz up guys and a nod and never had a problem nor was the bike touched when we came back to get it.
  16. infidel_2_dabone

infidel_2_dabone New Member

AK-47 W/100 RD.DRUM(S) SEVERAL AT LEAST 3-4 MIN. AND SOME BODY ARMOUR.
    AND YOUR ALL SET!
  17. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Well, in my personal opinion, having read most of the posts on this thread, I would say that a good high capacity pistol is in order. The 12 guage is DEFINATELY a "riot stopper" and would be nice to have, but if you dont have both, DO have a high capacity handgun. Now, again in my personal opinion, the 9mm is a "weak sister" compared to a number of other options available. I would much rather have something with at least a LITTLE more umph. Off the cuff, that would be a ParaOrd hicap in .38 super, .40 Smith (wow, 16 rounds!) or the battle tested buster, .45 ACP. I guess I wouldnt feel TOO undergunned with my Browning HiPower, but I would much rather have more slap in each round.
  18. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

In court the prosecution will ask why you went there with those "three" guns. It sounds like you were in the area trying to shoot someone. I think this is BS, but it happens all the time. I personally like my 40 sub-compact in my pocket and my Glock 17 in the console. Both with extra mags.. We have had trouble with people stealing and destroying camping and hunting gear at our lease. After the second time I told the local law that I just wanted them to know that if I came across any of them that I feared for my life, and to remember that I feared for my life. They stated that they would look into the thefts. I now carry at least one AR everytime I go there.