Best for me?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by TheDoctor, Sep 16, 2010.

1. springerbuster

springerbuster New Member

How about a Khar pm9 or 40. I have the pm9 and it will fit a smaller size hand for sure. I carry mine in my pocket for a backup to my 1911. A little smaller than a baby glock.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. dualsportrider

dualsportrider New Member

Most people with small hands wouldn't find the Beretta 92F a good fit. I have medium sized hands and its a bit thick to me. You made quite a jump from a .25 or .32 to the 1911 .45 or the Beretta. Personally I wouldn't go with anything smaller than a .38 and if you insist, get the Ruger LCP in 380. Much better choice than any .25 or .32 and lighter than the former two choices.
  3. noslolo

noslolo New Member

My Girlie hands love my Kahr CW40. The CW9 is pretty soft shooting as well. There are a great value and can be found for just under $400 new, if you search hard enough.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

try one of the compact 1911s (defender/officer's)... the springfield emp is another good choice.

personally, i would not carry anything smaller than a 9x19. if you can handle the more powerful rounds, go with those.

if the 1911 is not for you, i would really take a good look at some of the compact and sub-compact glock models. they're inexpensive, lightweight, have a high ammo capacity and you can get parts for them pretty easily.

what you should strive for is something that's comfortable for you to shoot and carry. and something you feel you could depend on to save your life.

i think for semi-autos, the best two calibers you can use for SD are .40 s&w or .45acp. for a revolver, i'd probably stand by a .38 special. if you could handle the recoil, .357 magnum is better.

another really good round is the .357sig. it's basically a .357 caliber bullet on a necked down .40s&w casing. i have a police buddy that carries a sig sauer p226r in .357sig and he says it's a very effective round.

i've really gotten into pistols in the last year or so and have handled/shot many. i have to say i like 1911s the best, but they aren't for everybody. i learned to shoot with a s&w 629 classic .44 magnum.

let us know what you decide on.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010