Best handgun for the wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jericho, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Old John

Old John New Member

I'd never pick out a 1st Gun or a new gun, for my DSW. She is a Service Brat.
    Her Dad was a retired career Marine. DSW has picked out each of her half dozen handguns, all 9mm's. She has also picked outa couple of shotguns and a 2 or 3 rifles.
    Some Ladies don't start off at Square-1.;)
  2. sting75ray

sting75ray Active Member

I bought my wife a Ruger SP101 several years ago and she never leaves home without it.
  3. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Welcome aboard jericho! Try something lightweight and still maintains power. Jukers wifes gun is perfect. Easy to operate, light, and good range of bullet weights & loads. I have a Taurus 85 Titanium .38 Special for my wife and it's perfect.
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

As stated previously, I bought the S&W for my petite wife. She loves it, and is deadly accurate with it.

I'm assuming that new member "bellie" got banned from another gun forum and has landed here.
  5. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I am a certified firearms instructor in MA, and I also sold firearms at Bass Pro,so I have some experience in this matter. If she has never shot before then the way to go is a .22 . Let her get used to shooting.The kick on a 22 will not overwhelm her and after she masters that she can move on up the ladder. The larger calibers can and have stopped many women from getting interested in the shooting sports. One should want their wives and or girlfriends to enjoy the sport and not be afraid of it!;)BTW keep the lead flying.
  6. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Looks that way Juker. He obviously hasn't shot much! My wife is sure not a "Very Strong Man":lmao2:
  7. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I think thats your best bet is to rent one.most ranges here do it . start small or she may end up sittin in the car like my ex did. never shot again either
  8. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

You might want to add a stock to that. That's a LOT for the pistol grip. Got one for mine and not sorry. I also put an ammo carrier on it (well, 2 actually) so now the gun has 20 rounds. 8 in it and 11 on it. :D
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the advice but I purposely ordered the pistol grip. She has shot it already. Like I keep saying, if you have to use it to protect yourself, you wont even remember the recoil.
  10. ozo

ozo Active Member

This is a 500 with Pachmyr's
    12ga and lives within reach.
    A real home tool necessity ! :cool:

Attached Files:

• 416.jpg
      416.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
    • 417.jpg
      417.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
  11. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

If she is new to shooting, have her start off with a .22,if she wants when she builds up her self confidence, she can graduate to something bigger! Beth is right!;)
  12. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

The Beretta 32's are a perfect little firarm for the woman. My wife loves hers. I know a 32 aint the biggest but it is easy to handle and Berett has been making hand guns fer a while and their quality is great. Price is not too out over the top.
  13. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

hey ozo are those pachmier grips the soft ones, where did ya pick em up?
  14. rvehock

rvehock New Member

Wifey carries this Kel-Tec P-32

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  15. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Nice! I like the look.
  16. Brian 11B

Brian 11B New Member

well, i personally would suggest something with less trigger pull, my dad bought my mom a revolver. My mom dad gf and I went to my sisters BF's house and shot it and **** his glock. My gf wasnt even able to pull the trigger on the revolver and my mom said she hated it. Both of them thought the glock was alot of fun to shoot and shot very well with it. I'm not suggesting a glock, but im suggesting no to any revolver.
  17. H-D

H-D Active Member

I got mine a smith and wesson airweight 38 spl shes an ok shot with it and if she ever needs it just point and shoot no safety to fiddle with or mag release to accidentally hit
  18. NC Aggie

NC Aggie New Member

My wife had fired a 38 snubbie before and it scared her and she didn't care to shoot anything else. I enjoy C & R pistols and rifles and have several, I bought a CZ-82 and finally talked her into shooting it.......she has now decided that it belongs to her! Bad part is that I really enjoy shooting this pistol too.....guess I can get another one now!
  19. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Get her something like a Beretta or Walther .32 acp or maybe a Bersa Thunder .380 then maybe a year later a 9mm. Don't start her on anything with to much recoil.
  20. jericho

jericho New Member

Has anyone had experience with the Walther ppks .32 acp?