Best Holsters for Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Pistolenschutze, Nov 13, 2005.

1. I'd like to get some viewpoints from you folks concerning the best type and design of holster for use in licensed concealed carry situations. Here are my choices. What do you folks think?

I most often carry either a .38 Special, S&W 637 or a Glock 33 (with a .40 barrel). Since I must often put on and take off the holster and weapon each day, I have Kramer MSP paddle holsters for both of them. I can say, without qualification, that this is the best holster I've ever used. The quality is top-notch, it's comfortable to wear all day, yet so secure that one never has the fear that the holster will come off with the weapon if the weapon is drawn.

For the other weapons I occassionally carry, like my Glock 30 and Steyer M1, I rely on belt holsters, most often the PS-6 made by Mernickle in Nevada. These are in all ways excellent, though the design does make it necessary to loosen one's belt to get them on or off.

For "deep" carry (when I simply can't carry anything larger and more effective), I rely on a Beretta 3032 (.32 Browning caliber) carried in a Bianchi 100 inside the waist band holster. I generally dislike inside the waist band holsters because I usually find them uncomfortable, but this one works fine with this small weapon.

What are some of your favorites?

--Pistolenschutze
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I carry a full size 1911 in a Milt Sparks inside the waistband holster(the Executive Companion) and find it very comfortable. Taking it on and off is a little bit of a pain since I have to do it frequently(going on and off Arkansas Tech's campus for classes.), but other than that, I love it. I usually just wear a loose t-shirt and that does the trick for concealment.
  3. Sparks makes very high-end holsters, I agree: long wearing, well-designed, and pretty to look at in the bargain. I have one of his PMKs for a Taurus 617 (7-shot, .357 snubbie) that I carry occasionally when I'm not too concerned about the size and weight of the weapon. It works better than anything else I've ever seen for that particular revolver.

--Pistolenschutze
  4. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

1911's go in a Dillon CYA - sort of a knock off of the Galco SOB. This one is not easy on/off, but it conceals well and rides in a car very comfortably.

The 38 J frame goes in a Kramer pocket holster with the "plastic shield" on the front side - or in a ankle rig made by Ken Null. (Note - this is the absolute best ankle rig I've tried - and I've tried quite a few.)

The 45 ACP N Frame goes in a pancake holster called the Gibralter Speed Scabbard also by Ken Null. This is a big holster covering a big gun, but it still hides well with the right garments.

I also have a couple of paddle holsters, by Galco, for the 1911's, but I tend to come back to a looped up holster for ultimate stability.