Best Pistol for Women

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by msqueen3999, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Waldog

Waldog Member

My wifes IDPA and USPSA pistol is a S&W 9mmM&P. She loves it and won't shoot anything else. She uses the "small" pink grip insert.
  2. JLA

JLA Moderator

That is so not fair.. A woman with a firm set of DDs could carry a full size 1911 and nobody would know..
  3. ozo

ozo Active Member

But I thought Dan does carry a full size 1911 ........:eek:
  4. ozo

ozo Active Member

You are very welcome.
    It's what we do here, and we love it.
    We are so glad to have you now with us.......
    please don't be a stranger.

Attached Files:

5. ozo

ozo Active Member

I hope you got out to the range today msqueen
  6. AmmoForSale.com

AmmoForSale.com New Member

I've tried the snub nose revovler & pocket 380 acp with my wife and neither worked out too well. While she liked the pistols, she never wanted to shoot them. She's now carrying a 3rd gen G26. It's taken time but she is happy with her current firearm and now carries in a holster. Most important for me is that she will actually shoot her carry gun at the range.

msqueen3999 New Member

I did not get out to the Range this weekend. I called and talked to them and the only thing they had that I wanted to try was the Ruger LCR. It really was not worth driving 2 hrs just to shoot one gun. Guess I will rethink this Idea. I have found someone here that has the S&W and Im going to try to get it sometime this week.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum
  9. msqueen3999

msqueen3999 New Member

I would like to say thank you again for all the help. I spent a lot of time researching and considering the best option for me. I purchased the Ruger LCR and I LOVE it. It seems to have a smother trigger pull than the S&W 642. The Ruger does have recoil however, it does not seem as bad as the S&W. I never could get comfortable with the J frame I either held it to low and did not have good control, or to high and the corner would dig into my hand. I did get the crimson grips and that will take practice but that is the fun of a new toy. Thanks again everyone, without your help I would have never considered this gun.
  10. JLA

JLA Moderator

excellent. It is customary for TFFers to brag about their new toys with pictures.. hint hint.. ;)
  11. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Beretta Tomcat .32 acp is an excellent carry for purse or pocket. To load you just flip up the barrel and put a round in, close the barrel and insert your mag... don't even have to rack the slide.
  12. msqueen3999

msqueen3999 New Member

I still love my LCR!!! It does take practice for the laser sites and I still haven't mastered them but love the gun. It is Light weight and recoil is not that bad. I am looking for another toy but havent decided what I want yet. Thanks again for all the help.