1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Best Pistol for Women

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by msqueen3999, Jul 31, 2011.

1. AmmoForSale.com

AmmoForSale.com New Member

I've tried the snub nose revovler & pocket 380 acp with my wife and neither worked out too well. While she liked the pistols, she never wanted to shoot them. She's now carrying a 3rd gen G26. It's taken time but she is happy with her current firearm and now carries in a holster. Most important for me is that she will actually shoot her carry gun at the range.

msqueen3999 New Member

I did not get out to the Range this weekend. I called and talked to them and the only thing they had that I wanted to try was the Ruger LCR. It really was not worth driving 2 hrs just to shoot one gun. Guess I will rethink this Idea. I have found someone here that has the S&W and Im going to try to get it sometime this week.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum
  4. msqueen3999

msqueen3999 New Member

I would like to say thank you again for all the help. I spent a lot of time researching and considering the best option for me. I purchased the Ruger LCR and I LOVE it. It seems to have a smother trigger pull than the S&W 642. The Ruger does have recoil however, it does not seem as bad as the S&W. I never could get comfortable with the J frame I either held it to low and did not have good control, or to high and the corner would dig into my hand. I did get the crimson grips and that will take practice but that is the fun of a new toy. Thanks again everyone, without your help I would have never considered this gun.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

excellent. It is customary for TFFers to brag about their new toys with pictures.. hint hint.. ;)
  6. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Beretta Tomcat .32 acp is an excellent carry for purse or pocket. To load you just flip up the barrel and put a round in, close the barrel and insert your mag... don't even have to rack the slide.
  7. msqueen3999

msqueen3999 New Member

I still love my LCR!!! It does take practice for the laser sites and I still haven't mastered them but love the gun. It is Light weight and recoil is not that bad. I am looking for another toy but havent decided what I want yet. Thanks again for all the help.